Calling in sick

nWo

Why you're calling off is none of managements business.

I see a lot of drivers will put down their reason for requesting a day off or putting in a 8 hour. I never have.

imjanedoe

banned slut

I see a lot of drivers will put down their reason for requesting a day off or putting in a 8 hour. I never have.
If you’re trying to qualify it kind of is their decision in the end. I agree about not always giving a reason in case they hate you and try to keep u out even longer.

Shorts365

some variation of “the beer ain’t gonna drink itself” is the only information they need to know

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
some variation of “the beer ain’t gonna drink itself” is the only information they need to know

Exactly. If you're sick you're sick. If you need to call out you call out. People should at least get written up first or something before making a thread about occurrences.

imjanedoe

banned slut
People should at least get written up first or something before making a thread about occurrences.
“I’m not coming in” and “I’m sick” is still an occasion. After so many in a certain time leads to progressive discipline and will ALWAYS be used against you like the times you’re late

Zowert

If you’re legit sick then call in, don’t be spreading that crap to everyone at work. Tell your supervisor to suck it, or just show up and sneeze on him.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Called in sick yesterday and one other day during my 30 days of qualifying. I already made book and became full time as a 22.4 (my 30 is over). One of my sups had a talk with me this morning saying “if you call sick agian you will go back to being a part time loader”. I called sick during my 30 once because I had a slight fever and had the fear of having Covid. The other time I called in sick was yesterday due to having a pretty bad sore throat. Any idea if they have the right to do that? I’ll try to make sure to not call out anymore but that just sounds wrong.
Clearly you don't even lift.

imjanedoe

banned slut
FYI they don't stop doing that after progression either...
It’s good to document anything that will help you succeed. Gate codes, ppls names & pickup/del points for businesses u know? You have them on the hook as soon as they ask u to do something unsafe or dishonest like future a missed pkg bc a rookie wouldn’t really think to do that since it makes their numbers look good.
I never heard scratch once when I qualified. They would follow me around sometimes but never got pulled into the office or threatened. My on road said my start car routine was better than his & he Drove a while. I worked hard for this.

It’s good to document anything that will help you succeed. Gate codes, ppls names & pickup/del points for businesses u know? You have them on the hook as soon as they ask u to do something unsafe or dishonest like future a missed pkg bc a rookie wouldn’t really think to do that since it makes their numbers look good.
I never heard scratch once when I qualified. They would follow me around sometimes but never got pulled into the office or threatened. My on road said my start car routine was better than his & he Drove a while. I worked hard for this.
Route knowledge makes a big difference