Calling in tomorrow?

klolx

Today at work, I asked my sup if I could go home early because I wasn't feeling well and kept coughing. He said no since nobody can cover me which I totally understood. I am still not feeling well and planning to call in sick tomorrow at 2am (start time at 4) I only have my full time sups number. Who should I call and what time?

This is going to be my first time calling in and this is what I'm going to say "Hey ____ this is ____ I'm not feeling well and won't be coming in today" if they ask me why I'm gonna say "I'm not feeling well"...

helpppp!!!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Per the other call out thread, don't answer when they ask why you won't come in, that's none of their business.

"Hi, this is ___ I won't be coming in today, see you tomorrow"

DS

Fenderbender
Just found the building number! its the PDS office right? Also, I have a military training for straight 5 days on the 2nd week of May. Will that affect my UPS job?
Buddy,try asking at work.We have opinions,they have answers.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Call whatever number they gave you for call-ins at least one hour prior to start time. You'll most likely need to contact your FT Sup.

ikoi62

If you are in the Military you have orders to report for duty. show your HR person those orders and have them inform your supervisors.
i should NOT affect your job.you wont get paid for the week but you will have your job when you return.also contact your local just so they know.
someplace in most buildings they have signs up about minimum wage and other federal and state info,there should also be something about military service
with this info.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"This is so-and-so, I will not be at work tomorrow" Nothing more to be said. It is courtesy to give your management team at least 1 hr. notice and that is all.

By the way, you may not want to come back to work, until you are healthy. If you call in one day, work the next, call in the 3rd...you are "charged" twice with absenteeism.

klolx

Thanks guys, its all good now! I called at 2am and my full time sup answered the office phone and this is what happened.

"Hello this is ____"

Me: Hi this is ____ I wo-

him: Oh hey man

Me: I wont be coming in today

him: Oh DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNN whats wrong?

me: Im not feeling well

him: Alright get some rest and just come back tomorrow.

me: alright thanks

I'm surprised he was nice about it lol

anonymous4

The staffing at UPS is spotty at best. If you don't make a habit of it there should be zero issues. If you do it and receive unwarranted backlash you were probably on their radar for something already and they have you highlighted for playtime. The job is taxing. Sometimes you need to stay out to recoup mentally and physically.

UPSGUY72

Just found the building number! its the PDS office right? Also, I have a military training for straight 5 days on the 2nd week of May. Will that affect my UPS job?

you military training will not effect you UPS employment, but tell them the first chance you get.... to give them a heads up.. You might want to talk to your HR rep also ans see if you need to fill out any paper work...

As for calling in you need to call the building not someones cell phone and call from your cell phone so you have a record that you called. Also make sure you call in at least one hour before your shift starts and remember you have to book back on at least one hour before your shift starts on the day you are returning to work.

NI3

That's why I don't take any of the PT Sups seriously. Most of ours don't even have 2 years in much less a clue.

Why do PT supervisors push us harder than FT supes? I feel like we're rental cars pushed to the limit...

I haven't had anyone push my physical limit like this since being a student athlete in HS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do PT supervisors push us harder than FT supes? I feel like we're rental cars pushed to the limit...

I haven't had anyone push my physical limit like this since being a student athlete in HS.

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy that compared rental cars and prostitutes....

There is nothing wrong with hard work. There is something wrong with being verbally abused while performing said hard work. As sleeve said in another thread, leave us alone and let us do our job and you would be surprised at the level of production you will receive in return.