Calling out 6th punch - peak season - holiday pay

542thruNthru

I'm a T-S driver. I won't be showing up Christmas Eve. They can't force me to show up. Any discipline won't stick. I've already told my dispatch, center manager, and ORs to not plan on seeing me on Mondays during peak. If they want me to work 14 hour days T-S, then great.

What if they switch your schedule to M-friend. Which is what they do to everyone here during peak.

JL 0513

Lol. Drivers in my center did it last year. So it's possible.

You're telling me drivers worked 'til midnight 5 straight days? C'mon man.

We would never be allowed to stay out past 10.

How do you drive until midnight and start again at 9am the next day? 10 hour rule?

JustDeliverIt

Once peak starts they will make everyone Mon-Friday and force from the bottom up a 6th punch. At least that's how they are going to do it in my building.

I was T-S last peak and this is what they did to us. The week of Thanksgiving they told us that we are all M-friend starting the next week. And then Saturday forced from the bottom up. I think they ran every route in our center 6 days a week all of December except for the top 2 or 3 drivers.

bumped

Why do you need all these Monday's off? Even those of us on the regular M-friend schedule have to work Saturdays all of December.

oh hell no. Never worked a Saturday and never will as long as my supplement states I can turn down a 6th or 7th punch.

bumped

hey all I’m new here.

Hate to be so specific, but ups made it super clear that I was a Tuesday through Saturday, after I got a warning letter for calling out two Saturdays in a row last year because they can’t find coverage. (They ran 9 trips with 9 drivers no extras).

So this coming peak season, Christmas Eve is on a Monday. Clearly for the next eight weeks they’re going to “force” us to come in on 6th punches. If I call out Christmas Eve (my 6 punch), do I still get holiday pay for Christmas Day?

And two weeks before Christmas Eve I will need another Monday off. Would they discipline me for calling out on my 6th punch? Can they discipline me?

Yes, as long as you show up for work on the 26th. Ups may try and not pay you, so you may have to grieve it.

WTFm8

To max out by Friday now, you would need to work from 9am-midnight all 5 days.

9am start would be 11pm off clock... that’s 14hrs per DOT. The 14 INCLUDES any breaks. Realistically it’s 10:30pm-10:45pm off clock because they want a buffer/pad for the 10hrs off.

Heck, the other month I didn’t drive a day and worked local sort from 5pm-10:30. Then they called at 2:30am needing help with preload so I went in first time ever from 3:30am-8:30. After preload they tried to get me to drive and I argued with them that my 14hr timer started at 5pm previous day and had to get a steward.

Supervisors were arguing that I could drive and stewards shut that down.

CitizenTruth

hey all I’m new here.

Hate to be so specific, but ups made it super clear that I was a Tuesday through Saturday, after I got a warning letter for calling out two Saturdays in a row last year because they can’t find coverage. (They ran 9 trips with 9 drivers no extras).

So this coming peak season, Christmas Eve is on a Monday. Clearly for the next eight weeks they’re going to “force” us to come in on 6th punches. If I call out Christmas Eve (my 6 punch), do I still get holiday pay for Christmas Day?

And two weeks before Christmas Eve I will need another Monday off. Would they discipline me for calling out on my 6th punch? Can they discipline me?
Your off Monday's, if you go in on a Monday during peak it's a gift to the company, where does the language say you have to work 6 days during peak? I'll answer for you, nowhere

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
44983290_10215459763505750_5452672586720739328_n.jpg

proyer

I’m a T-S guy, In my local Monday is considered a 7th punch which results in DOUBLE TIME, call me anytime to work a Monday. Even peak is in play, 13 hr day equals lots-O-cash.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Supervisors were arguing that I could drive and stewards shut that down.

Funny. Usually around 7:30 am my ORS begins pacing up and down the belt looking for drivers on the preload who can shuttle airs.
However, they treat any driver that worked the local sort and AM preload like they have the bubonic plague. They won't even make eye contact lol.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
hey all I’m new here.

Why not show up and make money?

reginald95

I’m a T-S guy, In my local Monday is considered a 7th punch which results in DOUBLE TIME, call me anytime to work a Monday. Even peak is in play, 13 hr day equals lots-O-cash.

They can change your work schedule to Mon-Fri for peak. Then they would force Saturday from lowest to highest.

WTFm8

They can change your work schedule to Mon-Fri for peak. Then they would force Saturday from lowest to highest.

Just call in 1-1.5hrs prior to start and say you’re too fatigued so you can’t come in.

Then shut phone off and go back to sleep another 3+ hours cause you probably are fatigued.

Faceplanted

Lol. “Forced”

The whole southern region doesn’t have to work a 6th day. The work week is considered 5 consecutive days per the contract

Also, all anybody has to do is call in on your sixth report and tell them you are too fatigued to work today due to all the hours you worked. They can’t do anything.