Cambridge Analytica

vantexan

but, but, but.... Hillary! and Benghazi! and e-mails!

lmao I guess you have to deflect when your papa donnie is textbook indefensible scum.
Again, more lies from Hillary supporters in the Deep State. And you guys bought it hook, line, and sinker. Guess Facebook readers aren't the only ones getting influenced, eh junior?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Again, more lies from Hillary supporters in the Deep State.
"Deep State"
kek... you're so gullible old man.
source (1).gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, no, it's ok, you can keep your tin foil hat. I know how much you like to share.
no no don't back away grandpa
you're doing such a good job deflecting, don't stop now or you won't get your rubles today.

tell me more about this "deep state" that you believe in.... lulz

Last edited:

vantexan

no no don't back away grandpa
you're doing such a good job deflecting, don't stop now or you won't get your rubles today.

tell me more about this "deep state" that you believe in.... lulz
Who's backing away? As the indictments come in I'll be right here laughing at you for believing Trump colluded.

vantexan

Nope, still waiting for you to explain your theory about how this is all a "deep state" conspiracy.....
If you're referring to the bad actors in the FBI I've already covered it ad nauseam. Trump may very well have done things that would get him in trouble. And they may eventually come to light, who knows? But this whole Russian collusion narrative is a farce dreamed up by Clinton loyalists determined to bring him down.

It will be fine

They didn't steal it. Facebook allowed them to get it. After the fact Facebook changed their TOS , but the genie was already out of the bottle. People allow too much of their information to be collected with social network sites
Semantics. People signed up for an academic study and their info and the info of all their friends was then sold to a political data firm. It may not be illegal, but the data was stolen.

It's more nefarious than simply CA taking data. They built algorithms that could predict behavior and determine what type of messaging you'd likely respond to. The Daily podcast did a good breakdown of this aspect this morning.

floridays

Semantics. People signed up for an academic study and their info and the info of all their friends was then sold to a political data firm. It may not be illegal, but the data was stolen.

It's more nefarious than simply CA taking data. They built algorithms that could predict behavior and determine what type of messaging you'd likely respond to. The Daily podcast did a good breakdown of this aspect this morning.

A simple solution, if you don't want your personal information disseminated, quit offering personal information on free social platforms. These platforms have costs to provide the service, these costs are for paid by selling the information that is freely given by the users. Control yourself, quit portraying the users as victims. Is sharing every detail of your life worth being targeted as a potential customer or useful idiot?

It will be fine

A simple solution, if you don't want your personal information disseminated, quit offering personal information on free social platforms. These platforms have costs to provide the service, these costs are for paid by selling the information that is freely given by the users. Control yourself, quit portraying the users as victims. Is sharing every detail of your life worth being targeted as a potential customer or useful idiot?
Listen to the show, they explain it much better than I can. If you "liked" certain bands or websites they could build a fairly accurate profile of your personality and market accordingly. It is sophisticated manipulation. They use the massive collected data sets to influence people at an unprecedented level. This is new and they keep getting better at it.

floridays

Listen to the show, they explain it much better than I can. If you "liked" certain bands or websites they could build a fairly accurate profile of your personality and market accordingly. It is sophisticated manipulation. They use the massive collected data sets to influence people at an unprecedented level. This is new and they keep getting better at it.
Who cares what you like? Advertisers and people that want to manipulate your freely given information. They only get better if clowns keep divulging their interests. People that give up these details have a feeling of self importance. If what you willing give up is targeted, I don't give a rat's behind. If it is don't claim victim hood afterward. IT's in your lap, the choice is yours. You are, after all, pro choice.

It will be fine

Who cares what you like? Advertisers and people that want to manipulate your freely given information. They only get better if clowns keep divulging their interests. People that give up these details have a feeling of self importance. If what you willing give up is targeted, I don't give a rat's behind. If it is don't claim victim hood afterward. IT's in your lap, the choice is yours. You are, after all, pro choice.
It doesn't sound like you understand what actually happened and is continuing to happen. Your argument doesn't even address the real issue, but you're probably someone that believes advertising doesn't work on you, only those other people.