Cambridge Analytica

BrownArmy

At least those 'non-insignificant changes' make my life better.

Ok, what about next time?

What about foreign influences that shift an election to a place you didn't want it to go?

What if Russia gets bored with Trump and decides that they'll swing the next election toward Democrats?

If that happened, you'd cry like a bitch, wouldn't you?

You've clearly not thought this through...

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

What about foreign influences that shift an election to a place you didn't want it to go?

What if Russia gets bored with Trump and decides that they'll swing the next election toward Democrats?

My judgment is that it is insignificant ... look out, the sky is falling.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
My judgment is that if it had gone the other way in 2016, you'd be on here screaming, crying, and babbling like a toddler that Russia had changed the election.

The things we overlook when our horse wins...
Highly doubtful ... both parties just waste taxpayer money.
Trump's TV personality is why I got interested in politics.
It always seemed a bit silly to me that people who are not employed in a related field would care.
I was always interested in Current Events like I am interested in a wreck on the highway.
Interesting but doesn't affect me.

BrownArmy

Highly doubtful ... both parties just waste taxpayer money.
Trump's TV personality is why I got interested in politics.
It always seemed a bit silly to me that people who are not employed in a related field would care.
I was always interested in Current Events like I am interested in a wreck on the highway.
Interesting but doesn't affect me.

Then, by all means, carry on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When you don't have an argument just criticize and attack the other person.
Works for you ... works for Trump.
Do you ever argue the points instead of attacking someone?
Are you as lost as he is ?

His point is about Russia. Not only do I not give two craps about the collusion garbage, that's not even what this thread is about.

So no, I'm not going to argue against his dumb off topic deflection of a post.
Ttku

floridays

It doesn't sound like you understand what actually happened and is continuing to happen. Your argument doesn't even address the real issue, but you're probably someone that believes advertising doesn't work on you, only those other people.
I'm old, advertising is not directed toward my demographic unless it is related to medical issues or investments and estate planning. Most of my generation long ago figured out the fact that advertising seeks to separate me from the contents of my billfold. Until you reach that point you will continue to have your assets purged by suggestion and at times blatant misrepresentation of products and ideas. Contrary to your feeling and @DriveInDriveOut 's clearly stated point of view, seasoned citizen's have learned a thing or two through life's lessons. I'll state it again, if you freely divulge personal information on free personal media platforms, I don't care what the owners of these platforms do with it. I'll say, let the buyer beware, or in this case, let the freeloaders be subject to their masters. I have absolutely no sympathy if you allow your personal information to be mined from free social platforms, none. Don't make yourself or your contacts a target.

It will be fine

I'm old, advertising is not directed toward my demographic unless it is related to medical issues or investments and estate planning. Most of my generation long ago figured out the fact that advertising seeks to separate me from the contents of my billfold. Until you reach that point you will continue to have your assets purged by suggestion and at times blatant misrepresentation of products and ideas. Contrary to your feeling and @DriveInDriveOut 's clearly stated point of view, seasoned citizen's have learned a thing or two through life's lessons. I'll state it again, if you freely divulge personal information on free personal media platforms, I don't care what the owners of these platforms do with it. I'll say, let the buyer beware, or in this case, let the freeloaders be subject to their masters. I have absolutely no sympathy if you allow your personal information to be mined from free social platforms, none. Don't make yourself or your contacts a target.
Got it, you don't understand what's happening at all. Political ads are most certainly targeted at your demographic, but if you want to pretend you can't be influenced because you're old, knock yourself out.

newfie

hopefully we're good for a while now that the Clinton Coalition has been desolved.

newfie

My judgment is that if it had gone the other way in 2016, you'd be on here screaming, crying, and babbling like a toddler that Russia had changed the election.

The things we overlook when our horse wins...

the effort was certainly there by the other side and we are already screaming about it .

newfie

I feel better now knowing people were brainwashed into voting for DJT. It worried me that people did that willingly.
Thank God the Hillary people were free to think and vote as they please
FB_IMG_1524969535426.jpg