Came across a very nosey and rude neighbor of a customer.

SCV good to go sir.

Last week I parallel parked in a parking lot. My helper calls me so I pick up to figure out a meet point. During said conversation an old ass man comes up to me and tells me I need to move my car. I signal to give me a moment since I'm on the phone, he doesn't like that and asks who I'm talking to. "My boss", I say hoping that will shut him up.
"Give me your phone I want to talk to her."
I hang up and put the phone in my pocket.
"I want to you know your name!"
"We're not required to disclose our names but you're more than welcome to write down the 6 digit number on the car and call corporate about me. They know who is driving this package car."
Guy loses it, I leave get my helper and come back to the plaza to finish the deliveries. Only this time I make sure to park in a better location. Not good enough. Same old man sees me and starts yelling at me from across the lot. Then he grabs my helper and starts tells him to stay there so he can tell him stuff.
"<Helper's name>, no. Come here, we have to go." My helper makes his way to the truck while the old man tells him not to do it. When it hits the old man that he's not in control of the situation he shifts his attention back to me.
"YOU KNOW YOU GOT A REAL ATTITUDE PROBLEM!"
"I'm sorry you feel that way sir."
Then he goes on and on telling my helper to not let me treat him like a worm, that he's the nicest guy in town but if you get on his bad side he's a dick, that I'm rude for not giving him my name, that he's a vietnam vet, that he's the figurative sheriff around these parts, that he has connections and can get my name 25 times over all while holding on to the package car.
I turn on the engine, "Sir I'm leaving right now, I suggest you let go of the vehicle."
He doesn't. Shift the ebrake down and put the car into drive, slowly let off the brake, and as the car starts to roll he finally he lets go and calls me "Mr. <insert 6 digit truck number here.>"

Some people....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Last week I parallel parked in a parking lot. My helper calls me so I pick up to figure out a meet point. During said conversation an old ass man comes up to me and tells me I need to move my car. I signal to give me a moment since I'm on the phone, he doesn't like that and asks who I'm talking to. "My boss", I say hoping that will shut him up.
"We're not required to disclose our names but you're more than welcome to write down the 6 digit number on the car and call corporate about me. They know who is driving this package car."
Guy loses it, I leave get my helper and come back to the plaza to finish the deliveries. Only this time I make sure to park in a better location. Not good enough. Same old man sees me and starts yelling at me from across the lot. Then he grabs my helper and starts tells him to stay there so he can tell him stuff.
"<Helper's name>, no. Come here, we have to go." My helper makes his way to the truck while the old man tells him not to do it. When it hits the old man that he's not in control of the situation he shifts his attention back to me.
Then he goes on and on telling my helper to not let me treat him like a worm, that he's the nicest guy in town but if you get on his bad side he's a dick, that I'm rude for not giving him my name, that he's a vietnam vet, that he's the figurative sheriff around these parts, that he has connections and can get my name 25 times over all while holding on to the package car.
I turn on the engine, "Sir I'm leaving right now, I suggest you let go of the vehicle."
He doesn't. Shift the ebrake down and put the car into drive, slowly let off the brake, and as the car starts to roll he finally he lets go and calls me "Mr. <insert 6 digit truck number here.>"

Some people....
Do you deliver to Mayberry?? "Figurative sheriff"?? I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face after that.....who says that? :rofl:

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.

Some people....

He actually put his hands on your helper? Damn.

SCV good to go sir.

Do you deliver to Mayberry?? "Figurative sheriff"?? I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face after that.....who says that? :rofl:

It cracks me up now, but it took everything I had to not roll my eyes at this comment. The next day I saw an actual cop, told him about the old man calling himself the sheriff, I saw him stifle a laugh.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.

BrownThunder

Man that story pissed me off! So far no one has said a peep to me. Guess it helps being 6'3 230lbs and black.

I know they train us on customer confrontation but I don't know if I would be able to contain myself in a situation like that.

One of my buddies said if it's just you and him alone let that MF have it. If there's a witness be cool and go bout your business

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Man that story :censored2: me off! So far no one has said a peep to me. Guess it helps being 6'3 230lbs and black.

I know they train us on customer confrontation but I don't know if I would be able to contain myself in a situation like that.

One of my buddies said if it's just you and him alone let that MF have it. If there's a witness be cool and go bout your business
That's Racist

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess I don't get what the issue was with knocking. Unless it was pounding. Was the neighbor in his house or was it an apartment and the neighbor felt like he was being "disturbed"?
Here's the only thing I can think of. The homeowner is deaf and the doorbell is wired so that the lights flash. Only because I have seen it before.

However the neighbor could of handled that in a much better way.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This guy's beef was that I knocked rather than ring the door bell while delivering to his neighbor. The driver had me go back and ring the door bell just to try and shut this guy up. It didn't work. This guy wanted names which was refused. So he started taking pictures which the driver told him not to do. Anyway this guy then follows us on to the next street. He didn't follow us beyond that street however. The driver just called it in to the center. If this guy had continued to follow us, the center would have called the police from what the driver was telling me. The driver even told him that it was basically none of his business. This guy told the driver that because he was their neighbor that it made it his business. Basically my first time of coming across something like this while out there.
I would ah shouted out Allah ahkbah handed him the package and ran !!! Lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a driver one day get two complaints about knocking. One was that he didn't knock at all, the other that he knocked so loud "It shook the house." Somedays, you just can't win.