Cameras on DIAD will be operational this summer

JL 0513

Customers always ask me if I have to take a picture as they take the package directly. I say no, only Amazon does it and it's pointless. It's embarrassing that we are going to do it.

So what is the protocol when people walk outside to grab the package from us directly? I imagine a DR option that's says handed to customer, therefore
no pic needed. Hope we don't have to say, smile!

Last edited:

Brownwind

I’ve heard in as soon as a few weeks we will start taking pictures of driver release locations. I can see I’ll be busy with a ton of article 10’s from the company.
What about the battery pack that keeps falling out of the Diad? Will that affect my 8x10’s.

JustDeliverIt

Is that confirmed? My area hasn't started yet and it's been a question I had which was time allowance. Does taking a picture atleast remove the stop complete button. It should complete the stop when the pix is taken to speed it up a bit

Who cares what the allowance is. But no, after you take the picture you still have the summary page pop up with where you left it but now it adds you picture to it. Hit stop complete and on to the next photo op.

Grey

Glad my route is primarily biz. Taking pics of every delivery with a frequently crashing board sounds annoying.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Say what you want about running gunning but If I had a nice little pocket of 30-40 sporh stops somewhere, you can say goodbye to that. Manifest is not even up by the time I want to move the car, I'm literally on my butt waiting to see if the next street has deliveries or even restarting the device. With the update it's back to crashing 2-3 times a day.

How, might I ask, are you supposed to take photos with your hands full of crap for 2 or more residents? I'm not here to set everything down on the floor and then bend down to pick it all up again! And given their last response ("uh, it's not unergonomic, you're supposed to use it with two hands to improve safety, duh") I suspect their new response is you should not be holding so much stuff in your hands all at once. Even a task as simple as picking a package off the hand cart and placing it in front of an apartment door gets complicated by the fact that stop complete is being held hostage by a photo, and this is after already removing prerecord.
The only way this does not lose substantial time is if you are doing businesses or rural deliveries where you have plenty of time to interact with an android brick between safe driving and sane deliveries.

Last edited:

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
My diad crashes everytime they send me messages. It crashes multiple times a day just trying to stop complete. I'm sure this will crash it even more, but now you can't just swipe the barcode and keep rolling after a reboot. Forget about rainy days.

If youre having that much trouble pop that sucker into airplane mode. Do the stops or area that has bad signal or that freezes up daily, then when youre out of that area, turn the radio back on. It will stop the board from freezing and you can stop complete just fine.

Last edited:

PPH_over_9000

Say what you want about running gunning but If I had a nice little pocket of 30-40 sporh stops somewhere, you can say goodbye to that. Manifest is not even up by the time I want to move the car, I'm literally on my butt waiting to see if the next street has deliveries or even restarting the device. With the update it's back to crashing 2-3 times a day.

How, might I ask, are you supposed to take photos with your hands full of crap for 2 or more residents? I'm not here to set everything down on the floor and then bend down to pick it all up again! And given their last response ("uh, it's not unergonomic, you're supposed to use it with two hands to improve safety, duh") I suspect their new response is you should not be holding so much stuff in your hands all at once. Even a task as simple as picking a package off the hand cart and placing it in front of an apartment door gets complicated by the fact that stop complete is being held hostage by a photo, and this is after already removing prerecord.
The only way this does not lose substantial time is if you are doing businesses or rural deliveries where you have plenty of time to interact with an android brick between safe driving and sane deliveries.

Alright so hey. I'm gonna break it to you. You might not like this but I think you need to hear it.

All that B.S. means is you need to slow down and follow their new methods.

You might be out there longer, this is true. On the flip-side, you're still being paid to follow their :censored2: methods, instructions, mandates and incentives.

Here's to 150 miles, 93 stops and 14hr days! Just :censored2:in' roll with it, dawg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Lmfao, listen to you worried about time allowance. No wonder you'd take a fifty cent raise, you're scared af. Imagine being scared of your pt on-road!!! Hahahahhahaa
He is the part time* on-road and he's worried about his runners numbers. He should be, the new diad sucks on completing simple deliveries so I can only imagine the lag that picture processing will create.

JL 0513

I'm very particular about my photography, so I hope they don't mind me setting up a tripod each time. Need to set up a proper lighting angle too.