Can’t join the Union

RTCD

I made my 30 days back in March; promptly submitted my Union paperwork and still am not a Teamster. My Stewards give me the run around and excuses and genuinely seem like they don’t want me in the union. The Teamsters don’t have my paperwork and probably never received it.

It’s now September and I have no ability to vote on the contract and no Union protection. Why would my own Union Stewards not allow me to join? Can I go around them to my BA?

I work hard, always do my best, passed Integrad, etc. I want to pay my dues and know the Union will have my back.

PT UPS hourly employee, Southern Supplement in a RTW State.

I made my 30 days back in March; promptly submitted my Union paperwork and still am not a Teamster. My Stewards give me the run around and excuses and genuinely seem like they don’t want me in the union. The Teamsters don’t have my paperwork and probably never received it.

It’s now September and I have no ability to vote on the contract and no Union protection. Why would my own Union Stewards not allow me to join? Can I go around them to my BA?

I work hard, always do my best, passed Integrad, etc. I want to pay my dues and know the Union will have my back.

Go to the hall. Do it yourself.

Even if you are not officially in the Union you still have Union protection. Sounds like you fell through the cracks somewhere. Get a hold of your Union Local by face and I am sure they will take care of you. Maybe too late to vote on this contract. Sorry.

Neanderthal

You should have some sort of posting in your work location that the union updates or at least has the contact information for the local hall and business agent.

Call and ask how to do that promptly

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

Lol. They know you will vote No for sure. Remember, " Excuses are for losers."

RTCD

Thank you. I will contact my BA to register in-person and bypass my Stewards. Is there any reason why they would not let me join? I’m not the only person in this situation either.

Thank you. I will contact my BA to register in-person and bypass my Stewards. Is there any reason why they would not let me join? I’m not the only person in this situation either.
Incompetent and the vast number of new hires going through each week. Sad to say that you have to twist the Unions arm to take your money each week. The Union still have to represent you.

F

Frankie's Friend

When did your 30 in 90 days start?
What did you go to integrad for?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You're a 6 month PTer who knows what a BA is, knows what supplement you're in and already passed Integrad, and even spelled it correctly?

OK, I'll bite.

Your Stewards have no say in whether you join the Union or not.

Go to the hall and take care of it yourself.

F

Frankie's Friend

You're a 6 month PTer who knows what a BA is, knows what supplement you're in and already passed Integrad, and even spelled it correctly?

OK, I'll bite.

Your Stewards have no say in whether you join the Union or not.

Go to the hall and take care of it yourself.
Lol. No doubt.
How do you bid a driving position, put thru "integrad" without seniority?

RTCD

Yes, I can spell words correctly and I do read occasionally. I’ve read the current contract and my supplement. I also show up to work on time and do my job.

I don’t know why my Stewards give me excuses; I had no idea I could go straight to the Teamsters and handle this myself. What about grievances? Can I do those myself too?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If you go to your Local directly, there is an outside chance if you pay the initiation fee and any

back dues you would be eligible to vote on the contract. Waiting so long didn't help.

What about grievances? Can I do those myself too?

" 1. The employee shall report it to the employee’s shop steward in writing within five (5) working days. The steward shall attempt to adjust the matter with the supervisor within forty-eight (48) hours.

2. Failing to agree, the shop steward shall promptly report the matter to the Union which shall submit it in writing and attempt to adjust the same with the Employer within fifteen (15) days."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/southern-region-supplement-07172014_0.pdf

It appears the Southern Supplement requires you to go though your Steward and BA.

Find out who your BA is, and have a conversation with them.

Sometimes.... that can solve 95% of your problems.

Good luck.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you go to your Local directly, there is an outside chance if you pay the initiation fee and any

back dues you would be eligible to vote on the contract. Waiting so long didn't help.
The OP states they are in a southern RTW state, why would they need to pay an initiation fee and any back dues (any dues for that matter) in order to receive ballot to vote for their perspective collective bargaining agreements, as a seniority employee at UPS???

~Bbbl~™

Slug Life

When do we eat?
They don’t like you. Probally trying to set you up when it comes time for termination day.
Then they will portray you as a scab. Also they fear the Vote No!!!!