Can anyone give some good HR advise?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What I advise everyone is to document everything that isn't on the up and up...every day. Keep a notebook, take pictures of airbills etc...whatever you can to prove that what they are doing is wrong because they will absolutely LIE in court and during any sort of HR procedures.

Absolutely, because we're going to go to court over whether or not the manager went on a check ride last year. That's a VERY wise battle to pick .

Last edited:

59 Dano

This is why so many Express employees who would have otherwise excellent cases fail to succeed...no concrete evidence. If you have an issue and contact HR, do it in email so there is a trail. Same with on-road...message on the PowerPad so you have proof as opposed to accusations that lack any substance. This is what an attorney could force FedEx to hand over.

And HR / your manager will respond via phone or with a message saying that they'll talk with you about it.

Most of the evidence would have to be provided by me, or subpoenaed by the attorney if necessary. That's why I'm telling people to document, document, document. Dates, times, places and specific evidence are what counts in court.

This is why so many Express employees who would have otherwise excellent cases fail to succeed...no concrete evidence. If you have an issue and contact HR, do it in email so there is a trail. Same with on-road...message on the PowerPad so you have proof as opposed to accusations that lack any substance. This is what an attorney could force FedEx to hand over.

The end goal is to prove your case and win, whether that means keeping your job or a lawsuit.

Seems like a lot of work to keep a job that you hate . Why not just let them fire you and take your pensions money and 401k money and move on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't be silly, Dave! It's MFE, Esq. You just get a lawyer and everything magically works out.

OK, Dano. Here's a real-life example of what I'm talking about. I have video of my manager showing a fellow employee his newly purchased handgun in the employee parking lot...FedEx property. I like this guy, but if he ever tries to screw me, I have his Kryptonite on my phone...proof. The other employee just has a he said/she said situation, with zero proof.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't be silly, Dave! It's MFE, Esq. You just get a lawyer and everything magically works out.

No, shill. You get a lawyer if and when you need one. It never hurts to get a professional's opinion if you're in a termination situation. You're right that FedEx will fight anything and everything because they have the big guns and the big bucks to try and starve you out.

The trouble with that is that the truth and proof will usually prevail despite their power. An attorney wants to see you have proof, not just accusations.

59 Dano

OK, Dano. Here's a real-life example of what I'm talking about. I have video of my manager showing a fellow employee his newly purchased handgun in the employee parking lot...FedEx property. I like this guy, but if he ever tries to screw me, I have his Kryptonite on my phone...proof. The other employee just has a he said/she said situation, with zero proof.

Interesting for 2 reasons. One, the law is clearly on the side of your manager depending on the area and situation. Two, anyone who would keep this kind of thing around for the sole purpose of using it to thwart being disciplined is a POS.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You have a lot of patience if this has been going on for 18 months. If you want to be fair have a meeting with your immediate boss or supervisor and explain to him that you are trying to do a good job and need help. If he doesn't want to help ( appears that is the case ) then ask or suggest that you will have to go to the next level up the chain of command to seek help.

This tactic sometimes work but sometimes does not so you will have to go to the next level. My experience has been that it is a 50-50 chance that it will work. This is the fair way.

Sometimes I have gone straight to the center manager when I feel I am going to be ignored. This usually works but then you make enemies down the chain of command for stepping on people's toes.

Going by what you have posted , I think you will have to go over his head . Most likely , his superiors already know what kind of POS he is. They probably condone his behavior.

good luck.