Can anything be done about our manager?

HD219

They can’t let a person that commits violent acts provide service for them. You really need to quit and find a job that is less mentally taxing.
I told him to fire me yesterday and I'd go on unemployment. I've been wanting to ask you since you're a contractor. Why is my contractor so opposed to firing us and letting us collect unemployment?

It will be fine

I told him to fire me yesterday and I'd go on unemployment. I've been wanting to ask you since you're a contractor. Why is my contractor so opposed to firing us and letting us collect unemployment?
Successful unemployment claims raises the rate he has to pay. Depending on the state and his history it can be significant. You should quit and not try to game the unemployment system.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We have a manager on our line at ground that thinks he is untouchable. Gets into employees faces starting confrontation. Calling them A holes and sexual slurs. Threatening to drop us down to 2 days a week if we don't "get our attitudes in check". He's seriously gotten confrontational with at least a dozen drivers. We're not all completely innocent. Most of out attitude comes from the increased volume and hours and the boss continuing to refuse to give any of us a raise. I think he's approaching us in an unprofessional way and things could be sorted out in a better manner. He's making work life on our line hostile and down right miserable.
Today he got in my face because of a conversation I had with another manager about pay increase. The manager that got in my face wasn't even involved or working the day I spoke with the other manager. He came at me just to start a fight calling me an a hole and 'male rooster'. Telling me my head is on the chopping block if I keep up with the attitude. I never had an attitude in the first place. I keep to myself and take their BS (except twice a year when I let it build up and blow up) . For reference my fake quitting thread. Anyway. I've been thinking about going to management of my terminal Monday morning and telling them the situation that happened today.

Do they have the authority to do anything since we work for a contractor or should I save my breath?

it’s a dead end near minimum wage job

quit go find another one

HD219

Making it clear you’ll never quit is the best way to guarantee you’ll never get a raise. You’ve thrown away whatever small amount of leverage you might have had.
They'll give me a raise if I do quit? lol. Tried that. Your logic makes no sense. I'll keep leaving stops behind until they fire me.

It will be fine

They'll give me a raise if I do quit? lol. Tried that. Your logic makes no sense. I'll keep leaving stops behind until they fire me.
You’ll be fired for cause and won’t get unemployment that way. Sounds like you’ve got a great attitude to be a life long loser.

fdxsux

If the verbal/physical/sexual harassment is taking place on Fedex property I would record it and go talk Fedex HR. FedEx doesn’t take that stuff lighty, nor should they.

HD219

You’ll be fired for cause and won’t get unemployment that way. Sounds like you’ve got a great attitude to be a life long loser.
Why do you care so much about me going on unemployment unless you're my contractor? My state unemployment is pro employee. I'll show them the pics of my manifests and the increased stop count. And the pics of my hours. You greedy pig contractors turned my attitude into this to make your "business" successful lol

HD219

If the verbal/physical/sexual harassment is taking place on Fedex property I would record it and go talk Fedex HR. FedEx doesn’t take that stuff lighty, nor should they.
I know they're very strict on it. That's why I'm going to keep my phone on me for now on.

It will be fine

Why do you care so much about me going on unemployment unless you're my contractor? My state unemployment is pro employee. I'll show them the pics of my manifests and the increased stop count. And the pics of my hours. You greedy pig contractors turned my attitude into this to make your "business" successful lol
Just letting you know when you stop doing your job properly you don’t get to collect unemployment. I realize your dream is to take money out of the system so you don’t have to work. It’s the attitude of a loser.

bacha29

Why does Fedex care if someone forges a signature? We aren't their employee. Why did Fedex care to put cameras in all our vehicles when contractors were apposed? We aren't their employee. Why did Fedex care to make my contractor fire an employee after a driver hit on a customer's wife and the wife's husband called Memphis? We aren't their employee. Why did Fedex care to make my contractor fire a driver for beating the * out of someone for calling him a racial slur. We aren't their employee. Why do we get harassed to wear a mask in the building and threatened to get kicked out when contractors could give two *s? We aren't their emoloyee. You see what I'm getting at? Fedex still as the overall say it what happens between the contractors employees.
Understand, contractors are powerless, non employee administrators of a supply chain. Cannon fodder to be thrown into the breach to seal up any holes in Fedex's anti union armor. Their only objective aside from keeping Fat Freddy's cheap labor addiction placated is to do whatever they have to do get another one year contract.
It's an impossible situation unless you can prove the existence of an established and pervasive pattern of unlawful labor law violations sufficient to warrant further investigation and audit. One isolated incident won't garner any attention.
In the meantime, decide where you want to be 5 years from now and strive to get there. Every contractor needs 3 guys on every truck. One coming,,, one driving... and one leaving.... Try your best to be the guy leaving and leaving with a clean employee record.

HD219

Just letting you know when you stop doing your job properly you don’t get to collect unemployment. I realize your dream is to take money out of the system so you don’t have to work. It’s the attitude of a loser.
You didn't have trouble applying and receiving those small business loans that were meant for businesses that were actually struggling not thriving. Way to game the system. Takes a loser to know one.

HD219

In the meantime, decide where you want to be 5 years from now and strive to get there. Every contractor needs 3 guys on every truck. One coming,,, one driving... and one leaving.... Try your best to be the guy leaving and leaving with a clean employee record.
You're right about this.

It will be fine

You didn't have trouble applying and receiving those small business loans that were meant for businesses that were actually struggling not thriving. Way to game the system. Takes a loser to know one.
The money meant to stimulate the economy? The money that paid my driver’s bonuses? You think that’s the same as being too weak to personally deal with an aggressive manager and trying get on unemployment? Maybe call your mommy and have her talk to your big mean manager that said naughty words in your presence. If your manager treats you poorly and you take it, that’s on you. No need to find someone else to cry to about it. Grow a pair and stand up for yourself.

WannaBeFeeder

You are very confused. The examples you cite involve providing services for FedEx. Your manager being mean to you doesn’t involve them at all. If you try to involve them you’d be better off quitting because you’ll be fired in short order otherwise.
It does involve them if it’s on their property

HD219

The money meant to stimulate the economy? The money that paid my driver’s bonuses? You think that’s the same as being too weak to personally deal with an aggressive manager and trying get on unemployment? Maybe call your mommy and have her talk to your big mean manager that said naughty words in your presence. If your manager treats you poorly and you take it, that’s on you. No need to find someone else to cry to about it. Grow a pair and stand up for yourself.
Ruffled your feathers huh? I'm not going to put up with the treatment that's why I'm on here seeking advice. Taking action is standing up for myself isn't it? You're pretty contradictory.

It will be fine

Ruffled your feathers huh? I'm not going to put up with the treatment that's why I'm on here seeking advice. Taking action is standing up for myself isn't it? You're pretty contradictory.
Nah. You said you haven’t spoken to his direct boss because they are “butt buddies.” You want us to believe you are offended by sexual language. Not buying it. You just want someone else to fight your battles for you.

HD219

Nah. You said you haven’t spoken to his direct boss because they are “butt buddies.” You want us to believe you are offended by sexual language. Not buying it. You just want someone else to fight your battles for you.
First off I should say I do respect you for giving your employees bonuses that they deserve. I don't respect your opinions. I'm not offended by the language at all. It's the empty threats and out of line approach due to being untouchable because my boss is so lazy he hired 3 managers because he doesn't want to work anymore. To thicken the plot my boss is actually a manager. My contractor operates out of state.