Can anything be done about our manager?

bacha29

First off I should say I do respect you for giving your employees bonuses that they deserve. I don't respect your opinions. I'm not offended by the language at all. It's the empty threats and out of line approach due to being untouchable because my boss is so lazy he hired 3 managers because he doesn't want to work anymore. To thicken the plot my boss is actually a manager. My contractor operates out of state.
Then about all you can do is to make it clear to this individual is that you will not be intimidated and that if it persists you will fully exercise the full power the many workplace rights the law affords you. But then again if you're not willing to try to get to a better place then there's nothing anybody on this site can do for you. It's a nonunion company with a nonunion workforce reinforced by powerless little munchkin contractors whose sole purpose is to reinforce it's hardline nonunion stance.

bacha29

The money meant to stimulate the economy? The money that paid my driver’s bonuses? You think that’s the same as being too weak to personally deal with an aggressive manager and trying get on unemployment? Maybe call your mommy and have her talk to your big mean manager that said naughty words in your presence. If your manager treats you poorly and you take it, that’s on you. No need to find someone else to cry to about it. Grow a pair and stand up for yourself.
So the taxpayers had to fund the cost of the bonuses paid to your drivers who would have otherwise received none. Another example of how contributors to this site don't need to debunk your claim of be a good paying , ungoverned, fully independent entrepreneur with his own "business". You 've done that for us..

HD219

Then about all you can do is to make it clear to this individual is that you will not be intimidated and that if it persists you will fully exercise the full power the many workplace rights the law affords you. But then again if you're not willing to try to get to a better place then there's nothing anybody on this site can do for you. It's a nonunion company with a nonunion workforce reinforced by powerless little munchkin contractors whose sole purpose is to reinforce it's hardline nonunion stance.
I'm going to tell the head of the terminal. If it goes nowhere then it goes nowhere.