Can I file for a grievance?

W

What The Hawk?

I know but sometimes I would just like to leave lol I haven’t had a day off in a awhile and don’t feel like using my optional days yet
Why? If you use your optional day you'll be paid to not work. Otherwise you're losing money because you want to be sent home.

BlackCat

Personally, I do not know (outside of an emergency) why you would want to go home once you have already dragged your ass there.

W

What The Hawk?

Well for one he should be asked not just sent home so I don't understand how he would be angry. It's seniority
Angry might not have been the proper word to use. He's complaining about not being sent home, I'm guessing he'd complain if he were being sent home instead of the other people. I just say this because we have people like this at my center.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We are allowed to take request off days. If someone with lower seniority who knows the route you are working is being sent home you can request the day off, and have that person cover your route. Also, in my local, show up pay is a consideration. If a lower seniority person is being sent home, he should get 4 hours for showing up, and with more seniority you ought to be able to bump him and get paid for doing nothing.

Drivers can request the day off (without pay) and management will make it happen if there are drivers not working. Otherwise it usually only comes up if a higher seniority driver hears that a lower seniority driver is being sent home, or if the lower seniority guy needs to work for whatever reason, they'll ask if anyone wants to go home.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
In the Southern

ARTICLE 64 -TIME OFF UNPAID
When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by classification as long as it does
not result in economic cost to the
Employer.

gio16

Same thing is happening at my hub. I haven't had a perminent route since before Thanksgiving, and I'm been bounced around between two different pens. Yesterday I was told to go home after working for 30mins. I said I wanted to work, full time supe said, "just go home, you're aren't needed". Still learning the ropes of the contract, she told me I should've said I wanted to work even though I did and they never bothered to go by seniority. So we'll see what happens on Monday. She's gonna get an ear full from our shop steward.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Same thing is happening at my hub. I haven't had a perminent route since before Thanksgiving, and I'm been bounced around between two different pens. Yesterday I was told to go home after working for 30mins. I said I wanted to work, full time supe said, "just go home, you're aren't needed". Still learning the ropes of the contract, she told me I should've said I wanted to work even though I did and they never bothered to go by seniority. So we'll see what happens on Monday. She's gonna get an ear full from our shop steward.
I am in the same boat: You might be able to go 1 step further and use the "prior past practice" clause in the western rider to get your old permanent pull back. I am doing this next Monday because my drivers are getting bothered now that random people have loaded their trucks for the past 2 weeks.

Above10200

Ever since peak season ended at my hub they’ve been sending people home left and right most with way less seniority than me. I’m not even given the option if I want to leave. Also I’m not sure who I would file the grievance against I’m pretty sure it’s the full time sup that’s sending people home
I am low in seniority and have been getting the day off (not sure) but a senior driver could force me to take there route. Read your contract. I know if I am on the schedule I can get show up pay for being there, and I can bump anyone lower than me so I can drive. If you want to drive every day find the section on seniority or something related to ypur issues. The more you know the more you grow!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
80ECF216-E790-413F-A8F6-A8F871F15436.gif
Ever since peak season ended at my hub they’ve been sending people home left and right most with way less seniority than me. I’m not even given the option if I want to leave. Also I’m not sure who I would file the grievance against I’m pretty sure it’s the full time sup that’s sending people home

Can I file FOR A grievance ?