Can I get disciplined even with a Dr note?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I have missed several days the last 2 weeks due to an unknown illness. Been to the doctor and got notes for the days. My sup texted me today before I was even awake saying they need me in and that I am putting myself at risk by missing this much time.
I guess my question is even with a note from the doctor, can I get disciplined for missing these days? I can’t even crawl out of bed, meanwhile they’re asking me to come run an air route or bulk stops. Is this harassment?

RolloTony Brown Town

If your attendance hasn’t been an issue before than it won’t go any further than a warning letter. We have to follow progressive discipline.

Harassment is all about perception to the person who feels harassed. If you receive discipline then have your steward grieve it to start the paper trail.

AlreadyDisgruntled

You have to be there awhile before you can get FMLA, unless UPS has some deal I don't know about. At my hub, they are so desperate for people that they lie about where we are located to get more people. I can't see them giving up on anybody. We have one guy who has no called no showed for a few weeks now and they are still crossing their fingers hoping he starts showing back up again! I can't see them being like "Great, now that you're back and we have all this work to do, you're fired!"

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You can be disciplined any time for any infraction that's how this company rolls . It won't stick if you file a grievance.Oh yeah if they Do issue discipline over something that petty than you need to bury them in supe working,harassment and retaliation grievances

There should be no texting between you and management. I would screen shot everything, stop texting, CALL, and keep the screenshots/conversations for later in case something happens. Keep these with the photos of your punch in/out. If you're absent M-friend on week 1, that's one occurrence. If you show up Tuesday and Thursday, you get 3 occurrences that week.

"I am not well enough to work" is all you ever need to say. Nobody needs to know your specific issue, aka, they won't know what to use against you for leverage. Only your doctor and the FMLA form should have any specifics whatsoever.

That's why I tell these kids to not come in. If you try to work and fail then you end up with more occurrences, and risk infecting everyone else. Last year one guy on split had ring worm and LOL just what you figured would happen, happened.

FMLA has helped me immensely with a persistent medical issue. As random as it is and as infrequently as it flares up, it's nice knowing I've got FMLA for the BS that management can, has, and will try to do. :censored2: happens. If my xyz acts up and I'm bed ridden again then oh well they can't do a thing.

Edd O'Rion

This happened to me twice. The first time was viral meningitis, and the second time was unknown, but similar to mono. The doctor’s note covered me both times. Call HR and the Union to make sure you don’t lose your insurance coverage.

Box Ox

I got a pending termination for getting a cortisone shot in my shoulder with a note from an orthopedic surgeon.

Get a note for the legs! They won't be able to touch you!

Edit for clarification: Sounds like you're shifting work to your upper body. Stop doing that and get another note.