Can I get fired if I leave on the 5th hr

wilberforce15

We had a guy hired and was told 5pm to 10pm.
His first week, they told him to come in at 4pm. He said he couldn't, because he had a FT job.
They let a good worker go. Then they hired a POS that lives with his mom and comes in an hour late.

That's the end of the story.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Does UPS really think that the young people are so naïve that they can hire someone for a PT job and then switch it to FT and still call it PT?

And crusty old veterans that are PT and willingly shift to FT.... when the mood strikes ?

Or, they need more money for the next week ?

Interesting juxtaposition.... don't ya think ?

:biggrin:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We had a guy hired and was told 5pm to 10pm.
His first week, they told him to come in at 4pm. He said he couldn't, because he had a FT job.
They let a good worker go. Then they hired a POS that lives with his mom and comes in an hour late.

That's the end of the story.

I still tell the company....

"You hired them. I just have to represent them."

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
@Bobby101 UPS management thrives on Control, Threats ,Fear and Intimidation. Of course you are going to be threatened with termination because you have to leave,there is no other way UPS management can deal with the situation.

The reality is they cant keep people and they know it.the warning letters, Intent to Suspend or Terminate mean nothing. Come to work every day on time,dont steal and do your job. You wont get terminated.

wilberforce15

And crusty old veterans that are PT and willingly shift to FT.... when the mood strikes ?

Or, they need more money for the next week ?

Interesting juxtaposition.... don't ya think ?

:biggrin:
That's their privilege, to work more when they want, and turn down the offer for more work when they want. Welcome to seniority.

Zowert

UPS needs to learn, if they’re not going to pay part timers a living wage then this is exactly what’s going to happen.

You have been with the company for 3 years, have you thought about driving full time? I’m sure you have the seniority to win a bid on a 22.4 position. Then you can work your way up to RPCD. You won’t need a second job driving full time and in 4-5 years you’ll be making more money than you know what to do with.

Brownnote

Hey guys I’ve been with 3 years never had a problem with my sups, until this new full time sup comes along and starts getting on my nerves saying I can’t leave until my work is done but I told them numerous amount of times I have another job and I can only do 5 hours. it’s like every other week he brings me in the office with my rep. and I tell them to move me somewhere where I can finish but they always have some excuse why they can’t move me. Any just trying to protect my job so I don’t get fired for job abandonment.
You can get fired for anything or nothing. The contract only counts if your local care's.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
UPS needs to learn, if they’re not going to pay part timers a living wage then this is exactly what’s going to happen.

You have been with the company for 3 years, have you thought about driving full time? I’m sure you have the seniority to win a bid on a 22.4 position. Then you can work your way up to RPCD. You won’t need a second job driving full time and in 4-5 years you’ll be making more money than you know what to do with.
Reason why I went full time because I got tired of working 2-3 jobs for 8 years. A lot of part time say they don’t want to drive because of the stress and bs. I would rather deliver than load. 100%.