Can I get my driving job back ?

Nah
Thanks 🙏🏾 I wasn’t trying to be slick it was just bad traffic and bad construction in the way on 110 weather almost felt like I was gonna pass out wanted to get done fast as possible
Well if you get your job back don't do it again. And anytime you suspect you may have late air, inform the center ASAP.

Thebrownblob

You mean what time the packages are scanned? So they have to actually be delivered before 10:30? Or 12:00 or whatever the hell it is anymore?

That kinda sucks. As an air driver I've run ground bulk stops with air mixed in on occasion a few years ago. I'd have been in trouble if you can't just get that scan in first back then. Fortunately, scanning one air at 10:20 saved me when stop complete didn't come until 11:02 or something.
Yep as far as I know if there’s a way to do it different, I don’t know how I don’t even bother

Nah
Yep as far as I know if there’s a way to do it different, I don’t know how I don’t even bother
Interesting. Doesn't affect me, but I'm curious why they changed it. Like I said, that's saved my ass at bulk stops. Especially ones with multiple air, but I can only find one...well fine, I'll just scan the one, and hope the rest is in there. Lol

Brownwind

Not enough information. Were you in probation? Has this been a problem with you? Did you know you were going to have late air and inform the center? Were you given a last chance for something else?

I have a hard time believing you were termed just for late air...
Did you use your weingarten rites prior to your meeting?

Thebrownblob

Interesting. Doesn't affect me, but I'm curious why they changed it. Like I said, that's saved my ass at bulk stops. Especially ones with multiple air, but I can only find one...well fine, I'll just scan the one, and hope the rest is in there. Lol
Yes, I remember I used to use it as well occasionally this new diad board counts it as late as soon as it’s 1030 or 8 AM for EAM, and noon for residential

HyperBrn

To sum up the common arguments:

1. If you consciously made a choice to do something against the rules, own up to it once you go up to panel. Your chances of saving your job go way up if you don't compound a screw up with more screw ups.
2. Follow the advice of your stewards and union officials. They know WAY MORE than you do with respect to how to win your job back.
3. (Assuming you get your job back) If there EVER is a situation where you think you might have a problem (service failure, late air, etc), or if you discover a problem after the fact (missed a business, mis-delivery, etc), message the center on your DIADD as soon as practical and ask them to advise. There's still a chance you might face some flak (especially for the after the fact ones). But they cannot successfully terminate you for dishonesty. And there are few termination justifications that are harder to fight than dishonesty.

Good luck getting your job back!

542thruNthru

thank-you-but-no-thanks-im-good.gif

tall_t4

To sum up the common arguments:

1. If you consciously made a choice to do something against the rules, own up to it once you go up to panel. Your chances of saving your job go way up if you don't compound a screw up with more screw ups.
2. Follow the advice of your stewards and union officials. They know WAY MORE than you do with respect to how to win your job back.
3. (Assuming you get your job back) If there EVER is a situation where you think you might have a problem (service failure, late air, etc), or if you discover a problem after the fact (missed a business, mis-delivery, etc), message the center on your DIADD as soon as practical and ask them to advise. There's still a chance you might face some flak (especially for the after the fact ones). But they cannot successfully terminate you for dishonesty. And there are few termination justifications that are harder to fight than dishonesty.

Good luck getting your job back!
Thanks for the advice I have a manager meeting next week hope it doesn’t have to go to panel but it sounds like according to everyone it will 🙏🏾

542thruNthru

My bad I don’t do this stuff really .. yeah I delivered late air I scanned before 1030 and delivered it around 11 I been driving for 3 years no I didn’t inform them that I was gonna have late air no i never been in trouble before or written up or suspended for the same thing this all happened in one day
How many stops did you scan and deliver before 1030? Was it residential or commercial? The way you said you've never been written up or suspended for the same thing makes me wonder have you ever been terminated before for anything?

tall_t4

How many stops did you scan and deliver before 1030? Was it residential or commercial? The way you said you've never been written up or suspended for the same thing makes me wonder have you ever been terminated before for anything?
Probably like 5-10 it was commercial no I haven’t terminated before

542thruNthru

Probably like 5-10 it was commercial no I haven’t terminated before
That's a lot of stops. That's not good at all. If you've never been terminated before I'd say you have a 50-50 chance. If you have any kind of write up or termination in the past for smoking packages or signing for packages I'd say you're probably better off starting to look for a new job right now.

Good luck brother.