Can I get your input???

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
sutty calm down and grab a turkey leg and some more potatos i was kidding!!!!! i've done this job almost 20 yrs and i would never just put tv in house and d.r it i would of got a signature!!! as for your situation i would call ups and get a loss prevention guy to talk to you, not those nit wits on the 1800 pick ups call center they are useless this will get rectified and I do admire your honesty!! happy thanksgiving!!!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

He opened the front door and pushed the TV inside...I'm pretty sure it didn't take any magic, I had left instructions for him to do so. If you really wanna meet this guy I could probably set something up...but just to let you know hes into girls so if you are looking for something more, keep lookin.

Do you know what type of restrictions there are? You can't just D/R a 42" TV thats probably worth between 1,000 and 2,000$ in someones door. That's signature required in person no matter what type of note or instruction YOU leave. Unless the shipper waives that signature required, the driver SHOULD NEVER EVER leave a TV anywhere, regardless of what instruction a customer gives. That'll come out of the drivers check if there's any type of follow up that isn't resolved...and I will tell you right now, that's not the type of error you want to make out there..

That's the bottom line in the whole thing.

sutty

Wow, if what people on here are saying about being honest they should wind up in sainthood. I remember opening up an egg-roll box that said 10 egg-rolls inside, I got 11, a mistake at the packing plant would be my guess, am I supposed to call anyone to return the extra egg-roll?? I didn't and ate it, am I dishonest?? This guy is trying to do the right thing and look what is happening, how long should he try to rectify the problem??? a week??? a month??? a year???? what if nothing gets done about the 2nd tv and he winds up keeping it for free?? Is he dishonest??? I am not comparing egg rolls to tv's but there are certain degrees of dishonesty, I do not believe he is being dishonest about the tv....I just think he is dealing with stupid people...Just my "honest" opinion...lol

HazMat-
I just need to clarify one thing: he=she...I am a she. Not that it matters, but for these people who are ready to throw me into the lions den because I am soooo dishonest I just wanted to set the record straight because you know I am honest 96% of the time.

Thanks for backing me up! I honestly don't believe some of the remarks on here...but then I think most people talk a bunch of crap but don't have the actions to back it up. So to each their own.

I did call UPS about the follow up and the driver was just making sure we got the TV that he had left outside. I asked if there was a call tag on it, an insurance claim...no and no. So I am doing the right thing. I am KEEPING BOTH TV'S and I don't feel a bit bad about it.

For those of you who think I am scum...I'm ok with that. If you were really as honest as you say I should be...you would keep both TV's too.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

sutty

Terrible advice Rod. Are you really proud of telling someone that playing stupid always works for you? Think about that statement. Where's you self respect man?

Sutty, do you really want to wake up in 10 years and realize that you are like Rod? Stand up and be an honest person. Pay for the second tv, you'll respect yourself more.

I just hope in 10 years I'm half the person Rod is.

over9five

Staff member
Sutty, In my opinion you have done nothing dishonest. The shipper gave you the tv.

End of story. Doesn't matter if UPS asks for it back, IT ISN'T THEIRS!

Keep it, it's yours.

Leftinbuilding

HazMat-
I just need to clarify one thing: he=she...I am a she. Not that it matters, but for these people who are ready to throw me into the lions den because I am soooo dishonest I just wanted to set the record straight because you know I am honest 96% of the time.

Thanks for backing me up! I honestly don't believe some of the remarks on here...but then I think most people talk a bunch of crap but don't have the actions to back it up. So to each their own.

I did call UPS about the follow up and the driver was just making sure we got the TV that he had left outside. I asked if there was a call tag on it, an insurance claim...no and no. So I am doing the right thing. I am KEEPING BOTH TV'S and I don't feel a bit bad about it.

For those of you who think I am scum...I'm ok with that. If you were really as honest as you say I should be...you would keep both TV's too.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

So why did you ask our opinion? I would hope UPS puts you on "non-dr" status.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl, with all do respect to you, I don't think ANYONE is honest 100% of the time, it's impossible.. If you go buy groceries, pay for them, come home, check your receipt and find out something was not scanned, so basically you got it for free, would you go back to the supermarket and then pay for it??? If you answer no, is that dishonest?? Well, I would answer no, does that make me a criminal?? a dishonest person???
I agree with you, no human being is honest 100% of the time. There are even times that to be kind or considerate it's impossible to be 100% honest.

Obviously in some situations the value of an item is too insignificant to worry about. In this particular situation we are discussing an item with a high monetary value. I believe that keeping the second tv by intentionally misleading an attempt by either the shipper or the vendor to track either delivery is unethical.

I'm not surprised that there are lots of people that disagree with me, but I stand by my opinion. If sutty provides full disclosure to all inquiries and makes no attempts to mislead or confuse anyone she may wind up with a second tv and still have her integrity intact. If she has to manipulate the situation by feigning ignorance, evading inquiries or lying, then (in my opinion) she is acting out of weakness and displaying bad character.

If she conducts herself with integrity and gets to keep the second tv she can be proud of herself and consider the tv a reward for her strong character. If she has to lie to keep the tv then she should ashamed of herself and also be grounded and have no phone or car privleges to give her time to think about what she has done.

Dr. Laura
aka cheryl
:peaceful:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Something doesn't sound right here. You claim to open the door and the driver scooted that huge TV inside your house and he never attempted to get a signature?? Is this just a story you made up just to get some kind of reaction from this forum?

Secondly, when you were on the phone with the shipper and they advised you to keep the 2nd TV (with the managers permission) I would have asked to get that in writing. Nobody gives anything away, not high-end electronics like big screen TV's.