Can I still upgrade the service?

thebrownbox

I have a package arriving on Feb 28th by ground however if I were to upgrade the service would I pay from where the package is now or where it was sent from?

SmithBarney

No if its coming ground its stuffed in a large trailer with 2000+ other packages
imagine trying to find a your red jelly bean in a jar of red jelly beans... its not happening.

thebrownbox

I only asked because I'm worried more or less that the screen will crack... I'm hoping the shipper was smart to add a lot of padding since the box is under a pound.

It's shipping from CA

But it IS possible to upgrade the shipping service right?

brownIEman

I only asked because I'm worried more or less that the screen will crack... I'm hoping the shipper was smart to add a lot of padding since the box is under a pound.

It's shipping from CA

Generally, no. Not once it has been shipped and has entered the ground network.

SmithBarney

It's shipping from CA

More than likely your screen will be fine, shippers will put 1lb in
to try and cheat the system to get cheaper shipping.

But no, you can't upgrade it. its in a trailer they can't just find it and put it in a plane and
they can't speed the truck up(although they'd like to.)

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
as the others have stated it is not possible to upgrade the shipment while it is in transit. additionally, IF it were possible, you would not be the one with the "power" to do so. the shipper would have to make that request. but, that is so beyond the point, because the request is not possible . not only is your pkg on a trailor, it is in a large container, along with thousands of other packages. many containers on a trailor.

King Of Queens

100 % sure that it can not be changed... before I became a pkg car driver I use to load the trailers and there is about 2500 to 3000 pkgs in there so it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Where is it shipping from and to where. It will only be in transit 1 to 5 days so it should be ok.

thebrownbox

well it's shipping from San Pablo,CA it was a slow day at work today so if this keeps up I should be able to find it in the car that has my route.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I have a package arriving on Feb 28th by ground however if I were to upgrade the service would I pay from where the package is now or where it was sent from?

no-1.jpg