Can I withdraw ROTH 401K somehow?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you can't afford the closing costs you don't need to buying the house.

Most lenders will require that you have that money on hand prior to closing and will verify that by checking the past several months checking account statements.

That is the beauty of a VA loan. 3% origination fee and low closing costs.

Mr. Marshall

A Roth plan is far from stupid and has special rules because you will not pay any taxes on any profits. BTW - they did tell you this - you just didn't read the details which are always included each time you start an investment Did you want someone to call you and tell every detail for every scenerio? A quick google search would have told you this is the case without coming to the board. It's a national law. I hate to say this but if you can't come up what is probably around 5k for closing without digging into retirement you probably can't afford a house. We just had to buy a furnace for 5k and there are always things like this popping up.

A Roth plan is far from stupid and has special rules because you will not pay any taxes on any profits. BTW - they did tell you this - you just didn't read the details which are always included each time you start an investment Did you want someone to call you and tell every detail for every scenerio? A quick google search would have told you this is the case without coming to the board. It's a national law. I hate to say this but if you can't come up what is probably around 5k for closing without digging into retirement you probably can't afford a house. We just had to buy a furnace for 5k and there are always things like this popping up.

It may not be stupid, but it certainly was never explained to me at work. And in fact they never told me about this at work. I have asked around at work and absolutely no one knows anything about the ROTH 401k plan. Wouldn't that be nice if someone in fact did call us and inform us about each scenario? It benefits them as well for us to pay into it. Also, it shows that they care, which, atleast in my center is one of the lowest priorities to management.

Of course not being able to withdraw from the ROTH 401k isn't going to break my wife and I getting the house, we have the savings to cover it. But would've been nice to been able to use it as hardship for first home as a lot of other 401k plans let you do for a bit of a buffer, you know?

Thank you for your reply.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It may not be stupid, but it certainly was never explained to me at work. And in fact they never told me about this at work. I have asked around at work and absolutely no one knows anything about the ROTH 401k plan. Wouldn't that be nice if someone in fact did call us and inform us about each scenario? It benefits them as well for us to pay into it. Also, it shows that they care, which, atleast in my center is one of the lowest priorities to management.

Of course not being able to withdraw from the ROTH 401k isn't going to break my wife and I getting the house, we have the savings to cover it. But would've been nice to been able to use it as hardship for first home as a lot of other 401k plans let you do for a bit of a buffer, you know?

Thank you for your reply.
i wish you were really good