Can management change me from m-friend to Tue-sat

Staydryitsraining

You and everyone else need to file every single day. They have until Oct of Feb which ever they believe then have to switch yall back. They dont want to hire any 22.4s so they are buying time.

Cincypackagehandler

This happened to me in about a month ago. I was hired in 2017 and worked Saturdays for about my first 18 months, then was M-friend for a whole year and then they randomly added a bunch of work to Saturday’s and moved about 10 M-friend drivers back to T-S. The contract was ratified April 29th 2019 and 18 months from that date is October 29th 2020. Problem is, if they don’t have enough 22.4’s to cover the routes by then what’s the punishment for management if they don’t move all the RPCD’s to M-friend on that date?

reginald95

I’m in a Mon-Fri driver and they’ve been asking a ton of us if we want to come in Sat due to higher volume. I’ve been doing it since this whole quarantine thing started. Can’t do :censored2: weekends anymore anyways since everything is closed.

Might as well get some overtime in since most of barely get 8hrs these days.

quad decade guy

Umm.... no.

The members are the ones who gave givebacks, by not voting.

Umm well, the union negotiated it for a vote. Yes? Apparently they thought it was a good deal.

So, the company, union and it's members all thought it was a good deal for all involved.

A non-vote is in effect a vote.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Umm well, the union negotiated it for a vote. Yes? Apparently they thought it was a good deal.

So, the company, union and it's members all thought it was a good deal for all involved.

A non-vote is in effect a vote.
A non vote is a vote of apathy. Which is an environment leadership has created.

Maplewood

18 months after ratification will be Friday 10/30 since we ratified 4/30/2019. At least you wont have to work on Saturday Halloween. Im in the West and our contract also states nobody will be forced to m-friend or tue-sat without at least 4 weeks notice.

Cincypackagehandler

18 months after ratification will be Friday 10/30 since we ratified 4/30/2019. At least you wont have to work on Saturday Halloween. Im in the West and our contract also states nobody will be forced to m-friend or tue-sat without at least 4 weeks notice.

I’ll be interested to see how this is handled. There is no contractual punishment for management if they don’t have enough 22.4’s by October 30 to move all RPCD’s to Monday. You can file on it but if they need people to cover the routes then RCPD’s are going to have to run them. Let’s hope management holds up there end of the bargain and can get the 22.4’s needed but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I’ll be interested to see how this is handled. There is no contractual punishment for management if they don’t have enough 22.4’s by October 30 to move all RPCD’s to Monday. You can file on it but if they need people to cover the routes then RCPD’s are going to have to run them. Let’s hope management holds up there end of the bargain and can get the 22.4’s needed but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
2 years for those hired in to a Tues- Sat schedule.
"2. It is the commitment of the parties that RPCDs work a Monday through Friday schedule. To that end the parties agree that all RPCDs currently working a Tuesday through Saturday schedule will transition to a Monday through Friday schedule as soon as practicable,withineighteen(18)monthsofratification.TheCompanyshall have an additional six (6) months for drivers hired directly into a Tuesday through Saturday schedule."

Cincypackagehandler

2 years for those hired in to a Tues- Sat schedule.
"2. It is the commitment of the parties that RPCDs work a Monday through Friday schedule. To that end the parties agree that all RPCDs currently working a Tuesday through Saturday schedule will transition to a Monday through Friday schedule as soon as practicable,withineighteen(18)monthsofratification.TheCompanyshall have an additional six (6) months for drivers hired directly into a Tuesday through Saturday schedule."

I’m well aware of what the contract says. I’m not confident management holds up there end of it. In my center we have 15 Saturday routes and in almost a full year we’ve only hired four 22.4’s so we still have 11 RPCD’s working a T-S schedule. My center alone needs to hire 11 additional 22.4’s between now and October to honor this portion of the contract. I don’t see it happening.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’m well aware of what the contract says. I’m not confident management holds up there end of it. In my center we have 15 Saturday routes and in almost a full year we’ve only hired four 22.4’s so we still have 11 RPCD’s working a T-S schedule. My center alone needs to hire 11 additional 22.4’s between now and October to honor this portion of the contract. I don’t see it happening.
they aren’t going to hire “ new” 22.4s , they will hang 11 full-time tues-sat routes and pretty much force the top part-time guys to switch to tues-sat to go full-time

Brownsocks

Just a dog
That’s what they did here , sorry to burst your bubble...no more mon-fri full time jobs for a long time....get your browns on ...YOU’LL BE WORKING SATURDAYS FOR YEARS
Wouldn't that be a violation?
"1. The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule in each building,shall be verified and agreed to by each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative, as of August 1, 2018 and shall be protected jobs. “Protected jobs” shall include RPCDs that will continue to be replaced by employees covered under Article 41, Section 2. "