Can my center manager force me to go to local sort sup?

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
So I'm a pm ptpcs and our center manager has asked me if I would go to local sort sup, my initial answer was if that's where you need me. Not at all what I want to do. I told him no earlier this week, but it was mentioned again tonight after a disaster last night. The rumor is that one of the local sort sups is getting fired. Basically the rumor came from the center manager. He probably shouldn't have shared that info, but he was livid. So, can he force me to change jobs or will he just make it miserable until I agree or quit?

elo

I'm comfortable in the PCS position. Our local sort is a train wreck lately. We've lost 2 reloaders and it doesn't look like they'll be replaced. One of the local sort sups missed 3 salt packages earlier this week and that's all anyone wanted to talk about tonight. I'm also lacking confidence in my ability to get the sort where it should be. I do like a challenge, but I'm not sure I can handle the pressure right now.

RolloTony Brown Town

Maybe they think you're capable of it. That's what matters. If you don't have a reason for why you can't change shifts then you really don't have a choice.

From the tone of your last post, they might even be trying to light a fire under you. No offense intended.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you have any long-term career plans with UPS, you should embrace the local sort job.
If you resist, you will most likely not be considered for any friend/T jobs in the future.

elo

Thanks to both of you and no offense taken mvol. Lighting fires isn't always a bad thing. I'm already there during the local sort, sometimes later actually. So the time isn't a huge deal. I am considering speaking with the center manager to see how I can improve the sort, before fully committing. I told him again yesterday when it was mentioned again that if he needs me on the sort I'll go.