Can option weeks be split for part-timers?

AlwaysChafed

My on car is saying that not one part timer can split their option week up only full time drivers. Nobody has a definitive answer like on everything else. I'd call my local but it's late and they never call back anyway. I've called four times in a few years and received one call back basically saying I was annoying for grieving twenty something ground days I wasn't paid for. Then my supe held it hostage for three months and never submitted it, telling me he did. Any help is appreciated.

If part timers CAN, will somebody provide proof?

Nimnim

The Nim
I don't know about CS, but here in my area of the Southern Region around oct/nov they bring around sheets for each PT employee who has the option week available to choose one of three options for the next year. Take it as another vacation week, work through it but get a little more time and it can be rolled into 401k, or break it up into individual days.

PT Car Washer

I am in the Central Region also and we have been told that optional week by PT can not be split up. We also can choose to work that week and as we are always short of help that is no problem.

Stonefish

My on car is saying that not one part timer can split their option week up only full time drivers. Nobody has a definitive answer like on everything else. I'd call my local but it's late and they never call back anyway. I've called four times in a few years and received one call back basically saying I was annoying for grieving twenty something ground days I wasn't paid for. Then my supe held it hostage for three months and never submitted it, telling me he did. Any help is appreciated.

In the Central it is only for full-time to split vacation days into single days

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

How does a supervisor hold a grievance "hostage"? In my area, a steward processes three copies: one for the company/labor manager, one for the local, and one for the grievant. Both the steward and the manager sign all three copies. If a manager refuses to sign a grievance, then it's grounds for a labor charge (failure to bargain in good faith).

AlwaysChafed

How does a supervisor hold a grievance "hostage"? In my area, a steward processes three copies: one for the company/labor manager, one for the local, and one for the grievant. Both the steward and the manager sign all three copies. If a manager refuses to sign a grievance, then it's grounds for a labor charge (failure to bargain in good faith).

I was taken advantage of. That was my first filed and I know what to do now. It was never filed and I submitted it. There are many other things that go on too. ;)

No in the central region. They are for full timers because of single day vacation coverage drivers.