Can some help clear up what contract is saying here?

supaalex

SECTION 42 - WAGES S
SUBSECTION 2 - FULL-TIME WAGE PROGRESSION

b. No employee shall be required to complete a full-time progression
more than one (1) time even if he or she transfers between fulltime
jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole exception is
when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driver job and
has not previously held a full-time job which includes driving
duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate equal
to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from the
date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to the
prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the
National Master United Parcel Agreement Article 40 progression,
bids a full-time inside job and then a driver job within two (2) years
shall have the same break-in period.

I am a part timer ands saturday air driver for 7 years, does any of this apply if i go fulltime?

Dr.Brownz

A guy at my center keeps saying that if a PTer worked as a cover driver and was paid the $25 an hour utility rate that UPS cannot lower there pay if they go FT because of some new provision in the contract? Is this true? Asked my steward today and he didn't seem to really know just said UPS will try probably conveniently overlook this if it's true

ViewAskew

It only applies I you take a 22.3 job to go full time, then bid a driving job within two years.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownTexas

A guy at my center keeps saying that if a PTer worked as a cover driver and was paid the $25 an hour utility rate that UPS cannot lower there pay if they go FT because of some new provision in the contract? Is this true? Asked my steward today and he didn't seem to really know just said UPS will try probably conveniently overlook this if it's true
Yes it is true. He would make $25 an hour as a FTer until progression surpasses him.

BrownBrokeDown

it depends. Are you in the Souther Supplement? If so TCD's make 85% of FT PCD top out rate. If you get your 30 days, you carry that rate over to your FT progression. I don't think it is the same in the other supplements.

Nimnim

The Nim
so if you are 22.3 you just wait 6 months to get top rate?

If the 22.3 position didn't include any driving as part of it's normal duties then yes. They'd stay at top rate for 22.3 for 6 months then go to driver top rate.

Some 22.3 positions include stuff like air driving so they would immediately go to driver top rate.

MsDee

So I have a couple of questions if someone could answer for me the 1st? Is if I took a air driver/hub full time job in May of 2013 how long will my progression be? Since the old contract ended in July 31, 2013. Will I be under the old contract which states that I'm thinking 2 years to top out? I am a 22.3 employee for the record, And my next ? I was just offer an inside/inside job I need too know before I take it if taking this job will my pay change and will this move make me have too wait another 2 more years too top out or will everything change meaning I've already did 1 year already and I'm thinking if I fall under the old contract I only have 9 more months too go, but if I take this inside/inside job which is still a 22.3 job will I fall under the new contract and have too wait another 2 years before I top out or complete progression please help me understand?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So I have a couple of questions if someone could answer for me the 1st? Is if I took a air driver/hub full time job in May of 2013 how long will my progression be? Since the old contract ended in July 31, 2013. Will I be under the old contract which states that I'm thinking 2 years to top out? I am a 22.3 employee for the record, And my next ? I was just offer an inside/inside job I need too know before I take it if taking this job will my pay change and will this move make me have too wait another 2 more years too top out or will everything change meaning I've already did 1 year already and I'm thinking if I fall under the old contract I only have 9 more months too go, but if I take this inside/inside job which is still a 22.3 job will I fall under the new contract and have too wait another 2 years before I top out or complete progression please help me understand?
If I understand you correctly, your best option is completing the shorter air/inside progression, and then bidding inside/inside when a job opens up, or during bids.

Your pay will change if you go to the inside-inside job. When in progression, the inside job will be either the progression rate or your part-time equivalent, if that rate is higher. (the rate you currently receive for inside hours worked only).

Again, I suggest staying in your current job and finishing your progression, as it is one year shorter. I've been an inside/inside 22.3 for most of the past 8+ years.

By The Book

SECTION 42 - WAGES S

I am a part timer ands saturday air driver for 7 years, does any of this apply if i go fulltime?
If you are a part timer and drive on Saturday to deliver air, you have not went thru a full time progression yet. When you are awarded a bid to be a driver you would then start your 30 day progression. I don't know what full time job you are asking if it applies to.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
SECTION 42 - WAGES S

No, none of it applies, as you have never been full time.
It is just that simple.

Last edited: