Can the Union Force Local 89?

Irishman Collins

10 point, I can't agree more. The personal attacks need to stop. I appreciate other opinions, no matter how wrong they may be. That's what makes America, the right of free speech

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

And for the record Mr 407, my name isn't Skippy, I'm not your "son" and definitely not your "boy".

All your trash talk to other teamster posters doesn't make you look tougher. It just precipitates more trash back at you. I'm up for the game but I'd rather not waste more time dealing with it.
Let's move on.

Stonefish

Who was there to help besides the E board, agents, stewards and the leaders that passed out "Vote No" flyers at the gates? Did Hall or Hoffa fly in to help organize? There's only about 9,000 members down there that have a vote in this debacle. There must be other priorities for our "leaders".

They had people from the IBT in negotiations with 89. Ask them, they will/should tell you.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
407, you should agree with common sense. It is not unreasonable for local 89 to be asking for more full time jobs or to be paid while they are on the company's place of business.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I don't get paid for the time I spend on the company's place of business, I get paid for the time I spend working. Maybe your center is different and your sup clocks you in the moment you put your car in park.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't get paid for the time I spend on the company's place of business, I get paid for the time I spend working. Maybe your center is different and your sup clocks you in the moment you put your car in park.
How long does it take you to get from your car to your diad board?

10 point

If you're on salary it does.:)
Their ride is excessive for a 3.5 hr guarantee. It probably gets old. Plus the last time I was down there (a few yrs ago) the tug driver who I tw said he'd been there 14 yrs and still didn't have the op to bid on a ft job. All of us with ft jobs can appreciate that.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
If you're on salary it does.:)
Their ride is excessive for a 3.5 hr guarantee. It probably gets old. Plus the last time I was down there (a few yrs ago) the tug driver who I tw said he'd been there 14 yrs and still didn't have the op to bid on a ft job. All of us with ft jobs can appreciate that.
I don't think a 20 minute ride is excessive. I'm a PTer, I can tell you that even though I have a 3.5 hour guarantee, I work between 5 and 5.5 hours every night. I'd take a 20 minute commute with that.

Whenever a PTer comes on BC with a complaint he's told "Go work at McDonalds," "I don't like pickles on my Big Mac," "No one's forcing you to work here, quit." but if a PTer complains about a shuttle ride and he just happens to be opposing the National Master suddenly his complaint is the most justified thing in the world and we're all so sorry for the poor, poor PTers. The company must stop to satisfy their every demand. It sounds like the company has already made big steps to improve the shuttles. It's a job. If you want it, take it. If not, there's a thousand more "skinny whiteboy slaves" who will be happy to have it. This is how UPS was explained to me when I first arrived and it's held true for me.

hbh

No. This is only our second vote. If people want to know what we want it's on the Teamsters 89 website for anyone truly interested. But it doesn't just involve going into Teamcare that many others seem to be parroting. There are subcontracting issues, more full time job issues, and shuttle bus issues among other things.

You mean the things we should have been addressing in the Master Agreement? We got the :censored2:ty end of the stick.

Thanks you "The Other Side" for this post below.

"The International FAILED us as members. They made a "BAD DEAL" and tried to stick it to us. Some stood up and forced change, others sat back and voted yes just to try and get it over with and some are still standing on the front lines taking all the heat that should have been spread across the country.

89 has stood up strong against the International goons who sold us out, they all believe in fighting a good fight, rather than surrender and give up long held benefits."​

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/can-the-union-force-local-89.355463/#ixzz2xHVxG6WB

10 point

IBT People.
It is not a slam so don't take it that way. Have you spoken to anyone from LouKY
Yes. Its been awhile. Not in the last couple of wks or so. Have you?
After all the shuttle discussions are hashed out a hundred times maybe we will see that there's more issues than that magnified deal. It's their deal not ours even tho it may affect many.
I'm sure they'll seperate the fly specs from the dust as soon as possible.

Stonefish

Yes. Its been awhile. Not in the last couple of wks or so. Have you?
After all the shuttle discussions are hashed out a hundred times maybe we will see that there's more issues than that magnified deal. It's their deal not ours even tho it may affect many.
I'm sure they'll seperate the fly specs from the dust as soon as possible.
There are other issues the members want addressed and I agreed the should be. In my opinion there should have been grievances filed a long time ago to attempt to address the issues prior to negotiations. The members deserve to be represented but to be fair to the IBT people should know all of the facts before slamming them. In my opinion. It is the agreement they are going to be working under for 5 wait 4 no maybe 3 years. Who the hell knows how long but they deserve a good one. I just think it could have been handled differently by certain people that all.
Also there has been at least 3 people sent into there to attempt to help.

stink219

How long does it take you to get from your car to your diad board?
10 min. However, I and a large number of drivers are at work 45 min prior to start time. Some eat breakfast, some bs, some sip a coffee and read the paper.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
10 min. However, I and a large number of drivers are at work 45 min prior to start time. Some eat breakfast, some bs, some sip a coffee and read the paper.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~
Good for them. But we are talking part ptimers here that start anywheres during the day. How many drivers we show up at 12:45 a.m, when their start time is 130?
All they're asking for is a reasonable amount of time to be able to park their cars and get in and clock in without having to be there half hour early, or more.
Doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
"The International FAILED us as members. They made a "BAD DEAL" and tried to stick it to us. Some stood up and forced change, others sat back and voted yes just to try and get it over with and some are still standing on the front lines taking all the heat that should have been spread across the country.

89 has stood up strong against the International goons who sold us out, they all believe in fighting a good fight, rather than surrender and give up long held benefits."
How so ? The majority of members (who voted) carried the day. The international did not fail us if you are of that attitide "we failed us".
With regard to the remaining suppliments ,Let's support our sisters and brothers to finalize their deals.
With regard to the shuttles this is from 89's website:
The Company made a promise to add two additional x-ray machines to the guard shacks and nine more “updated” shuttles to the Worldport transportation system. This was to be done by April 1, 2014. In the Company’s latest offer, however, a new timeline was proposed moving the introduction of the new shuttles to May 1st (first six shuttles) and August 1st (last three shuttles). The timeline for installation of the new x-ray machines was also changed, moving the date to June 1st.
Improvements comming but not fast enough for 89

Stonefish

89 has stood up strong against the International goons who sold us out, they all believe in fighting a good fight, rather than surrender and give up long held benefits."
How so ? The majority of members (who voted) carried the day. The international did not fail us if you are of that attitide "we failed us".
With regard to the remaining suppliments ,Let's support our sisters and brothers to finalize their deals.
With regard to the shuttles this is from 89's website:
The Company made a promise to add two additional x-ray machines to the guard shacks and nine more “updated” shuttles to the Worldport transportation system. This was to be done by April 1, 2014. In the Company’s latest offer, however, a new timeline was proposed moving the introduction of the new shuttles to May 1st (first six shuttles) and August 1st (last three shuttles). The timeline for installation of the new x-ray machines was also changed, moving the date to June 1st.
Improvements comming but not fast enough for 89

It's on the internet. It has to be true.