Can ups change?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Any chance the IBT would ever put on paid BAs on a national level to work with locals that can’t seem to get their * together?
If the local strays far enough out of bounds the international can place them in trusteeship.
where they send in the goons to try and right the ship
I’am sure some of the locker room lawyers will chime in on this

oldngray

nowhere special
If the local strays far enough out of bounds the international can place them in trusteeship.
where they send in the goons to try and right the ship
I’am sure some of the locker room lawyers will chime in on this
the local has to be really far out of line before the international will use the nuclear option on them. It can and has happened but not something to hold your breath over as you wait.

UPSER1987

A lot has changed the last year and a half. A majority of people are deciding being miserable for a paycheck isn’t the life they want. We know what this place is like. Ups is going to have to adjust to continue to attract works. The MRA raises are a start but I doubt they’ll be enough long term. People now expect more out of their jobs than just a paycheck.

There will always be enough people with little to no education to perform labor jobs.

TeltBender

A Target warehouse near our building is offering $25 to start and a 3k signing bonus with a climate controlled warehouse. Our building is so outdated on hot days like this all shifts get tons of call outs. Our preload was planned at 260 employees today and only had 220 with every 22.4 in the building reporting to preload. We are currently 200 preloaders short of our peak goal with two months to hire, train and retain it doesn’t look good. The pandemic has shifted the consumer buying model, the company had record profits, and doesn’t want to share it. Staffing will be an issue for quite sometime.
you would think instead of blowing hot air and dust into peoples eyes with some chinsey fan that barely reaches halfway into a 50 foot trailer, they could just install fans that pull hot air out of the trailer for pretty cheaply.

SafetyFirst

Things change and there is always a new crisis for ups to poorly handle, but I've been reading the "being run into the ground" stuff on here forever. I mostly agree with a lot of the criticisms, but run into the ground seems just as hyperbolic as it was 20 years ago. The show will go on ...

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Things change and there is always a new crisis for ups to poorly handle, but I've been reading the "being run into the ground" stuff on here forever. I mostly agree with a lot of the criticisms, but run into the ground seems just as hyperbolic as it was 20 years ago. The show will go on ...
With a new cast every 20 years