Can ups change?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I knew a guy who got approved for intermittent fmla to deal with stress, and whenever they screwed up his dispatch or his truck was bricked out he would take an fmla day.
We have a few veterans who I know have very real PTSD but the stress of the job really triggers them and same type of thing.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have seen three drivers quit the job this year. RPCD, top rate all of them. Saw maybe three in fifteen years before this walk out.
If you don't have many years in you have little incentive to stay. The ones really screwed are ones with 10 or 15 years. Long way until retirement but too late to start over.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a few veterans who I know have very real PTSD but the stress of the job really triggers them and same type of thing.
I knew a guy who got approved for intermittent fmla to deal with stress, and whenever they screwed up his dispatch or his truck was bricked out he would take an fmla day.
02121849-7ADF-4032-B72A-C37E96038355.gif

898AE39D-81B4-48EA-BE75-C9573530203F.gif

What is wrong with some people!?!? We deliver packages! LMFAO

Karma...

in my day we didnt have fans or free handed out water bottles or pt to full only from inside pt.....ups made a point to hire only from outside the company ...the teamsters were good with that..........actually you had to be a student to be hired pt and bring in a note from the school attesting yy were a ft student....otherwise the teamsters would kick you out of teamsters.......once you graduated you had to quit ups........that all changed in the 3 month strike of 1976...........we were of a different cut and thankful of both the teamsters and ups for a great job.....and yes I was in a closed shop state....different times indeed.....remember that promotion from within was 100%.....it was seen as more a change of jobs rather than a promotion.....many people graduated college and got a job with ups other would have to quit ......computer and business majors changed their job from loading/sorting/unloading etc to ups computers, accounting etc.......as Lou Reed said it...Those were different times.......I can dig it....you can dig it too....we all can dig it.....

Last edited:

meritocracy

They need to pay more but I'm not miserable for my paycheck. I love my job. They can't go after me for performance and I have health and safety protections. My job is only as hard as I choose to make it.

Over70irregs

A Target warehouse near our building is offering $25 to start and a 3k signing bonus with a climate controlled warehouse. Our building is so outdated on hot days like this all shifts get tons of call outs. Our preload was planned at 260 employees today and only had 220 with every 22.4 in the building reporting to preload. We are currently 200 preloaders short of our peak goal with two months to hire, train and retain it doesn’t look good. The pandemic has shifted the consumer buying model, the company had record profits, and doesn’t want to share it. Staffing will be an issue for quite sometime.
Folks begged for YEARS for better pay. I WILL not work harder or feel sorry for the company. We should have lead when we had the chance.

Heavy Package

The main issues is UPS is no longer an employer of choice. What once was a great career with good pay and benefits has now become a complete micromanaged race to the bottom. Look at the Union employees now-Ex-convicts, work release, ghetto looking drivers and hub employees with absolutely no pride in anything with a work ethic to match. Management's constant harassment, increased numbers beyond anything reasonable, routes so jacked up there is no time for anything customer related.

Then what does UPS care about with the rapid increase in volume over the past 10-15 years? Not updating hubs or equipment, poor pay increases, not putting in air conditioning, proper lighting, ice machines or updated bathrooms. They yell and scream at people over a cardboard box with heat indexes over 100 degrees. They put cameras in package cars that have 350,000 miles on them, spending tens of millions on this. They literally spent a BILLION dollars on orion which can't figure out how to run a subdivision that is a big circle. The list goes on and on and is specific to each hub. There is no pride, no unity. It is literally a contract from punch to punch. 2023 is coming fast and we better get our priorities straight.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
the stock has doubled after trading flat for like a decade. if you think there is even a remote chance that these changes aren't permanent, you should see a brain surgeon asap.