Can you get an occurrence during a state of emergency?

are you talking about a family emergency? if so just call out. and dont make excuses. it is none of their business.

when my father in law died they gave me a hard time about leaving in the middle of the work day. i just said i am going home and just walked.

several months later that stupe was not at work and i asked the dispatcher about it and he said the guy called off. thia was around 10 pm. i waited till 3 oclock in the morning and called him and asked him why he was not at work.

wasnt very happy camper. but he never said a word to me the next time i saw him at work and never ever had a problem with him again.
Did you read the thread title?

oldngray

nowhere special
long story.png

Box Ox

Can you get an occurrence during a state of emergency?

Not if the company declared emergency conditions for your area and you honestly didn't feel safe going to/from work or performing your duties and called out. Obviously a moot point if your location ended up closing today anyway. Mine did.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
are you talking about a family emergency? if so just call out. and dont make excuses. it is none of their business.

when my father in law died they gave me a hard time about leaving in the middle of the work day. i just said i am going home and just walked.

several months later that stupe was not at work and i asked the dispatcher about it and he said the guy called off. thia was around 10 pm. i waited till 3 oclock in the morning and called him and asked him why he was not at work.

wasnt very happy camper. but he never said a word to me the next time i saw him at work and never ever had a problem with him again.
You can't be serious?

No a state of emergency just like the title says.

BrownArmy

Three years ago the Governor declared a state of emergency (snow), all non-essential personal off the streets.

Three hours later, we were called back in.

SMH.

BrownRoosterBrownBull

I bleed brown
I think the OP poses a good question.

In my corner of the USA, we experienced the 2011 southwest blackout. My building has no generators. The streets were in pandemonium. Many people couldn't get gasoline in their cars to get to work.

I called my manager on a landline; he told me to come to work. I showed up. It was kind of a fun day at work.

Anyway, a few days later I asked a supervisor what the process would be like if we had a real state of emergency, like an earthquake or something. Do we still show up for work?

The answer I got was, if I remember right, something along the lines of "someone here at the building will call you and tell you not to come in".

It was probably a response the guy had come up with off the top of his head. Does anyone here really think they would call us and tell us not to come to work?

They can't even coordinate driver's helpers in a non state of emergency.

So I'll ask you, what would the process be like in a real state of emergency (earthquake, extra terrestrial planetary takeover, war, tornado, hurricane, tsunami)? When would it be reasonable for an employee to decide not to show up for work?

Ms.PacMan

We lived thru a flood. People showed up for work when they could find a way around it. The upsers who were effected were homeless. It was a very relaxed couple of weeks and we all did our best as a group to help ourselves and continue to service customers who still had businesses and people who still had homes.

Dish network - those jackasses were RELENTLESS with those effin call tags afterward. Their equipment and the house it was attached to was in the Mississippi but they sent them out over and over and over.....

Aurwu

How would I know?
Join us at Worldport where the buildings could catch fire, burn to the ground with everything in it, including all the employees, and we still wouldn't close.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think the OP poses a good question.

In my corner of the USA, we experienced the 2011 southwest blackout. My building has no generators. The streets were in pandemonium. Many people couldn't get gasoline in their cars to get to work.

I called my manager on a landline; he told me to come to work. I showed up. It was kind of a fun day at work.

Anyway, a few days later I asked a supervisor what the process would be like if we had a real state of emergency, like an earthquake or something. Do we still show up for work?

The answer I got was, if I remember right, something along the lines of "someone here at the building will call you and tell you not to come in".

It was probably a response the guy had come up with off the top of his head. Does anyone here really think they would call us and tell us not to come to work?

They can't even coordinate driver's helpers in a non state of emergency.

So I'll ask you, what would the process be like in a real state of emergency (earthquake, extra terrestrial planetary takeover, war, tornado, hurricane, tsunami)? When would it be reasonable for an employee to decide not to show up for work?
You left out zombie apocalypse.