Can you work for 2 fedex brand at the same time?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Str8gr8, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Str8gr8

Str8gr8 New Member

Hello you guys.

I was wondering could you work for 2 FedEx companies at the same time. Reason I asked because currently Im a package handler at ground, and I got a job offer from fedex freight too as a part time dock woker. I wanna work both, but was wondering if could or no. Thank you guys for your help.

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Pretty sure, no.

3. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Italics. Classy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Str8gr8

Str8gr8 New Member

Thank you
    Nice pic.

5. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

You'll have to ask management. At the same time after punching out ending your day, you're on your own time . If there is no foreseeable scheduling conflicts then ask for a definitive reason why you can't. You can't make it on part time package handlers money alone. If you are a good dependable difficult to replace pair of line hands you would think that they would be accommodating. Oh wait! This is Fedex. Never mind.

6. 59 Dano

59 Dano This is 1980, can't you afford a f***ing haircut?

7. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

I doubt their HR systems overlap. Do it until someone tells you not to.

8. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Well, since it's AGAINST company policy to do so, any advice that tells you to ignore policy is less than worthless.

Notice the relationship between the words 'ignore' and 'ignorant'.
    There's a reason for that.

9. It will be fine

Yes, I’m sure you follow policy perfectly everyday. OP is a package handler, I doubt they’ll fire him if they find out. At worst they’ll make him choose one division. No reason to do that until it comes up.

10. Fred's Myth

And if they get fired... so what, no skin off your nose......right?

Choose the higher pay/benefits position and make yourself available whenever needed. A good work ethic will get you where you want to be faster than ignoring the rules.

11. It will be fine

And if he needs the couple grand extra he could make with both jobs... so what, no skin off your nose.....right?

It’s a warehouse job, there’s plenty around. If one company finds out, it won’t matter, if he has a good work ethic they’ll keep him and tell him to quit the other job.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I look so good in purple.

13. Operational needs

I bet you look hawt!

14. Indecisi0n

All the other boyz are so jelly.

15. Fred's Myth

If you can't be trusted with the little things, no one should trust you with the key things.
    Lie, skirt the rules, make up your own......in other words, be just like IWBF.

16. Operational needs

I bet they are, especially the other feedahs. You just make sure to those glutes in tip-top shape. ;).

17. Indecisi0n

I moisturize every day.

18. Operational needs

Me too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. It will be fine

Seems to be working for me. I guess you could be a Boy Scout follow the rules and end up broke living in a tent in the Eastern block thousands of miles from your family. To each their own.

20. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

What you're talking about is a 25 hour a week low to mid teen wage part time staff agency hired job. Nobody can independently make it on those kind of wages. If the TM's at both terminals are in agreement they might work together in the kid's behalf. Then again it's X. Despite the fact that they will only give you part time employment they still try to control you as if you are a FT employee and beyond.