Cancer Cure?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I saw this story this morning and retweeted it. Kind of skeptical because of the overly confident prediction... but I do hope they are on to something.
We can hope!

Obama Hope small.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Haven't you ever heard about that car that ran on water (I'm talking years ago not hydrogen stuff now) that was accidentally sold to a guy and then was taken back and made to disappear by the oil companies?
Always heard that story and always wondered if it really did happen.

rod

Retired 22 years
That and the 100 mpg carburetor.

That one was always about the guy who got 100 mpg all the time but one time he took it in for a tune up. While there they switched carbs on him and gave him a regular one back because the oil companies didn't want people getting that kind of mileage.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sure they could. If the AMA and big pharma started a campaign against the cure calling it junk science or alternative medicine they have enough clout that people would believe it.

People have traveled to faith healers in 3rd world countries who used sleight of hand to make it look like they are pulling cancer out of your body without leaving a mark. Calling something junk science has never stopped people from believing in it. To be fair, belief in fake cures has a pretty decent track record for some conditions.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
People have traveled to faith healers in 3rd world countries who used sleight of hand to make it look like they are pulling cancer out of your body without leaving a mark.
Calling something junk science has never stopped people from believing in it.
To be fair, belief in fake cures has a pretty decent track record for some conditions.
Just as do placebos, Mr Alpha Star who is so balanced!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I saw this story this morning and retweeted it. Kind of skeptical because of the overly confident prediction... but I do hope they are on to something.
I was thinking they were hyping research to sell stock?

rickyb

m0L3ify
6 months ago
This is so true. I used to work in cancer research and no one ever talked about diet or prevention. Ever. All our work was geared towards slowing growth, and 20% cure rates were considered great successes and celebrated. It was so odd to me. I never felt like that was good enough. The doctors in the department would give talks on how their aim was not cure, but maintenance...stopping the growth of tumors so the patient could live with them longer. I couldn't believe it. Patients want tumors out of them and gone. They don't want to learn to live with them. Would you? It was a very depressing job. When I learned about plant-based diets a couple years after I quit, and read all the science on it, I was blown away. There's SO MUCH information out there! Why hadn't any of this ever come up in department meetings?? I immediately switched to a whole-food plant-based diet and haven't looked back. Maybe if I'd known then what I know now, I might have quit sooner..."