Cancer Cure?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just as do placebos, Mr Alpha Star who is so balanced!

That's just the effect I was referring to. Medical science is starting to embrace it as a legitimate treatment option, particularly for conditions that are directly related to brain function. Think I read that it works even when you tell people that they are only getting sugar pills.

Did you have to google my name? I just ran across the name for the first time recently, decided to try it on for size.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
-tyler durden
and ...-zerohedge

i went to the library and got a travel book i didnt need so i took fight club from home to work and read a chapter at lunch.

I never know who to attribute those kinds of quotes to, the character or the author. I usually see attribution to the author.

rickyb

I never know who to attribute those kinds of quotes to, the character or the author. I usually see attribution to the author.
the character because authors and characters arent the same thing. tarantino's characters say the N word in their movies, but we shouldnt conflate characters with their creators.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
the character because authors and characters arent the same thing. tarantino's characters say the N word in their movies, but we shouldnt conflate characters with their creators.

Except characters don't generally exist in reality, and the authors actually wrote the words. When I looked up that quote it was attributed to Chuck. Many Mark Twain quotes were written by him through his characters, but usually attributed to him.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That's just the effect I was referring to. Medical science is starting to embrace it as a legitimate treatment option, particularly for conditions that are directly related to brain function. Think I read that it works even when you tell people that they are only getting sugar pills.

Did you have to google my name? I just ran across the name for the first time recently, decided to try it on for size.
I figured it was a star since the Arabians named many of the stars.
Certainly had no idea it was the Alpha Star in Leo and that it and the Beta Star rotate around one another.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Another reason to attribute to writers is in case their character is a fictional representations of a real person. Take "Team America: World Police" for instance. You wouldn't attribute (fictional) Alec Baldwin's lines in the movie simply to "Alec Baldwin".

rickyb

Another reason to attribute to writers is in case their character is a fictional representations of a real person. Take "Team America: World Police" for instance. You wouldn't attribute (fictional) Alec Baldwin's lines in the movie simply to "Alec Baldwin".
yea but i wouldnt quote what alec baldwin says in team america to trey parker..

anyways this is a silly topic.