Candace Owens and Alex Jones' heads exploding over Trump's recommendations to get vaxxed

bbsam

Staff member
At some point the Fed has to raise interest rates to fight the inflation they and the Biden administration caused. That'll kill both the stock market and the real estate market. If they don't raise rates we'll have hyperinflation at some point. But if they do the government will see its debt servicing increase exponentially. The government currently pays about $350 billion a year servicing its debt. They raise interest rates to 5% and the interest they pay will go to $1.5 trillion a year. So damned if they do, damned if they don't. All you guys cheering on the current status quo don't seem to understand the corner the government/Fed has painted themselves into with the quantitative easing that's been going on since 2008. Sooner or later the bubble will burst and we'll be looking at a depression. Not a recession. How long that'll last hard to say. But it's coming, just a matter of when.
So which one is it? Did the Biden administration cause this or has it been going on since 2008?

I agree that a massive correction is coming but that’s simply because it has to. The Fed lending to banks at 0% is and has been a farce for more than a decade. All it has done is make banks extremely rich and “too big to fail”.

wilberforce15

So which one is it? Did the Biden administration cause this or has it been going on since 2008?

I agree that a massive correction is coming but that’s simply because it has to. The Fed lending to banks at 0% is and has been a farce for more than a decade. All it has done is make banks extremely rich and “too big to fail”.
A correction doesnt have to come.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Living up here in the North East we have had nearly 40 years experience with Trump. He’s always been a conman and a huckster. That’s why so many of us weren’t shocked when he took his scam to the parts of the country that didn’t know him.

He’s like a loose girl in the town that everyone knows about and she moves to a new state to get away from her reputation so she can play other for fools and take them for their money. She “revirginizes” herself.

UPS Horn Genie

Have you blown your horn today?
At some point the Fed has to raise interest rates to fight the inflation they and the Biden administration caused. That'll kill both the stock market and the real estate market. If they don't raise rates we'll have hyperinflation at some point. But if they do the government will see its debt servicing increase exponentially. The government currently pays about $350 billion a year servicing its debt. They raise interest rates to 5% and the interest they pay will go to $1.5 trillion a year. So damned if they do, damned if they don't. All you guys cheering on the current status quo don't seem to understand the corner the government/Fed has painted themselves into with the quantitative easing that's been going on since 2008. Sooner or later the bubble will burst and we'll be looking at a depression. Not a recession. How long that'll last hard to say. But it's coming, just a matter of when.
Who had the biggest debt increase in history? Trump?

Toot toot!

wilberforce15

I should say a correction downward from here doesn't have to happen.

We could have many things. More irrational exuberance and a crash back to right here, then years of range bound consolidation. Or just years of range bound consolidation from here. Or any number of things

The IWM doubled in 6 months and then it stayed in a very tight range for over the last year. No major correction after its rocket. The market is a cruel and inconsistent mistress.

The Russell has been flat for a year and looks super undervalued. The QQQ or SPY could rocket or correct or consolidate separately. Index divergence is at a record high.

As the legend Peter Lynch said, more money has been lost preparing for corrections than in the corrections themselves.

vantexan

The printing got accelerated in the last year and inflation with it. Inflation isn't the rise in prices. That's the result of inflation. Inflation is increasing the money supply. Way too much in circulation now. But it started in 2008 and has been fairly steady up to this year. There was a point where they eased off during the Obama administration due to a number of countries threatening to replace the Dollar as the reserve currency with a basket of currencies. They could see that the money that they had invested in our bonds was being returned to them at less value. We've been playing a dangerous game for a long time and the recent bill costing trillions was probably the proverbial straw. Thank Joe Manchin for stopping that. If interest rates are raised there will have to be severe tightening of our belts to service the debt. Heaven help us if we default. Folks have gotten used to deficit spending and think it can go on forever. At some point the bill comes due. And I know you hate to hear this, don't want to believe it, but Trump had put policies in place that would have ultimately gotten us out of this mess. Biden however reversed everything for apparently no other reason than it was what Trump had put in place. Trump still had deficit spending, but what we needed was a soft landing, not a hard crash. We're about to get thumped.

vantexan

I should say a correction downward from here doesn't have to happen.

We could have many things. More irrational exuberance and a crash back to right here, then years of range bound consolidation. Or just years of range bound consolidation from here. Or any number of things

The IWM doubled in 6 months and then it stayed in a very tight range for over the last year. No major correction after its rocket. The market is a cruel and inconsistent mistress.

The Russell has been flat for a year and looks super undervalued. The QQQ or SPY could rocket or correct or consolidate separately. Index divergence is at a record high.

As the legend Peter Lynch said, more money has been lost preparing for corrections than in the corrections themselves.
We have huge bubbles in stocks, bonds, and real estate. Government is up against a wall. I would be very cautious with investing at the moment.

UPS Horn Genie

Have you blown your horn today?
The printing got accelerated in the last year and inflation with it. Inflation isn't the rise in prices. That's the result of inflation. Inflation is increasing the money supply. Way too much in circulation now. But it started in 2008 and has been fairly steady up to this year. There was a point where they eased off during the Obama administration due to a number of countries threatening to replace the Dollar as the reserve currency with a basket of currencies. They could see that the money that they had invested in our bonds was being returned to them at less value. We've been playing a dangerous game for a long time and the recent bill costing trillions was probably the proverbial straw. Thank Joe Manchin for stopping that. If interest rates are raised there will have to be severe tightening of our belts to service the debt. Heaven help us if we default. Folks have gotten used to deficit spending and think it can go on forever. At some point the bill comes due. And I know you hate to hear this, don't want to believe it, but Trump had put policies in place that would have ultimately gotten us out of this mess. Biden however reversed everything for apparently no other reason than it was what Trump had put in place. Trump still had deficit spending, but what we needed was a soft landing, not a hard crash. We're about to get thumped.
Who also demanded Powell lower interest rates to zero? Hehehe! Trump Trump Trump!

Toot toot!

wilberforce15

We have huge bubbles in stocks, bonds, and real estate. Government is up against a wall. I would be very cautious with investing at the moment.
P:E ratios for small caps are among historic lows. Bonds are going to stay high forever because interest rates will never be high again. Deflation is more of a threat than inflation. Some dinosaur companies are overvalued, but overall, there is a whole lot of expansion still coming.

You sound like you listen to a lot of Peter Schiff or read Lew Rockwell or something. That's a great way to blow up your capital on gold.

vantexan

P:E ratios for small caps are among historic lows. Bonds are going to stay high forever because interest rates will never be high again. Deflation is more of a threat than inflation. Some dinosaur companies are overvalued, but overall, there is a whole lot of expansion still coming.

You sound like you listen to a lot of Peter Schiff or read Lew Rockwell or something. That's a great way to blow up your capital on gold.
I listen to a number of people including Schiff. As high as the stock market is, why isn't it still climbing? I agree that deflation is a very real threat. That's what a depression is.

oldngray

nowhere special
And Trump couldn't order Powell to lower rates. The Fed is independent. And rates were already very low.
The rates were near zero for all of Obama's years. The Fed didn't start raising them until after Trump took office. And they raised them so much and so fast they had to back off some.

wilberforce15

The rates were near zero for all of Obama's years. The Fed didn't start raising them until after Trump took office. And they raised them so much and so fast they had to back off some.
And even those raises were historically small and nearly broke the back of the economy.

Rates will never be high again. You're never going to see 30 year mortgages averaging 6+% ever again. And it's gonna be more like 1-4% for the foreseeable future.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I want to congratulate so many posters who have put in the effort to understand our monetary system. I'm somewhat of a student of the subject.
To being to understand where we are and how we got here one must start with the fractional banking system and the use of debt leverage. We live in a debt based system with debt based money. Just take a $1 $5 $10 $20 $50 or $100 dollar bill out of your pocket and read it. It says right on top "Federal Reserve Note"; a note , as you know, is a debt instruments. Under the seal of the US Federal Reserve system, lower left, it says "This Note is Legal Tender For all Debts Public or Private".

So, although this thread is about another topic let me say briefly that money isn't just created by the Federal Reserve from taps on a keyboard but also, and mainly, created by the expansion of debt. For the economy to grow, debt has to increase, because that how money comes into existence in a fractional banking system, in a debt based economy, with debt based money. Inflation, of course, is a product of money velocity. The speed and quantity of money changing hands in an economy at a given time period. But, I'll leave this more detailed discussions for a more appropriate thread.

vantexan

I want to congratulate so many posters who have put in the effort to understand our monetary system. I'm somewhat of a student of the subject.
To being to understand where we are and how we got here one must start with the fractional banking system and the use of debt leverage. We live in a debt based system with debt based money. Just take a $1 $5 $10 $20 $50 or $100 dollar bill out of your pocket and read it. It says right on top "Federal Reserve Note"; a note , as you know, is a debt instruments. Under the seal of the US Federal Reserve system, lower left, it says "This Note is Legal Tender For all Debts Public or Private".

So, although this thread is about another topic let me say briefly that money isn't just created by the Federal Reserve from taps on a keyboard but also, and mainly, created by the expansion of debt. For the economy to grow, debt has to increase, because that how money comes into existence in a fractional banking system, in a debt based economy, with debt based money. Inflation, of course, is a product of money velocity. The speed and quantity of money changing hands in an economy at a given time period. But, I'll leave this more detailed discussions for a more appropriate thread.

Yah, no printing going on, nothing to see here, move along.