Candace Owens and Alex Jones' heads exploding over Trump's recommendations to get vaxxed

wilberforce15

I want to congratulate so many posters who have put in the effort to understand our monetary system. I'm somewhat of a student of the subject.
To being to understand where we are and how we got here one must start with the fractional banking system and the use of debt leverage. We live in a debt based system with debt based money. Just take a $1 $5 $10 $20 $50 or $100 dollar bill out of your pocket and read it. It says right on top "Federal Reserve Note"; a note , as you know, is a debt instruments. Under the seal of the US Federal Reserve system, lower left, it says "This Note is Legal Tender For all Debts Public or Private".

So, although this thread is about another topic let me say briefly that money isn't just created by the Federal Reserve from taps on a keyboard but also, and mainly, created by the expansion of debt. For the economy to grow, debt has to increase, because that how money comes into existence in a fractional banking system, in a debt based economy, with debt based money. Inflation, of course, is a product of money velocity. The speed and quantity of money changing hands in an economy at a given time period. But, I'll leave this more detailed discussions for a more appropriate thread.

But that whole system is also why deleveraging pressures for deflation can easily dominate all inflationary pressures. Deleveraging is the most powerful force in the system. If you cannot pump debt forever, and the debt even slows down, then deflation and not inflation is the threat.

vantexan

I want to congratulate so many posters who have put in the effort to understand our monetary system. I'm somewhat of a student of the subject.
To being to understand where we are and how we got here one must start with the fractional banking system and the use of debt leverage. We live in a debt based system with debt based money. Just take a $1 $5 $10 $20 $50 or $100 dollar bill out of your pocket and read it. It says right on top "Federal Reserve Note"; a note , as you know, is a debt instruments. Under the seal of the US Federal Reserve system, lower left, it says "This Note is Legal Tender For all Debts Public or Private".

So, although this thread is about another topic let me say briefly that money isn't just created by the Federal Reserve from taps on a keyboard but also, and mainly, created by the expansion of debt. For the economy to grow, debt has to increase, because that how money comes into existence in a fractional banking system, in a debt based economy, with debt based money. Inflation, of course, is a product of money velocity. The speed and quantity of money changing hands in an economy at a given time period. But, I'll leave this more detailed discussions for a more appropriate thread.

You might also want to consider that the biggest economic force in recent history, the Baby Boom Generation, is slowing its spending as it retires. Millennials haven't taken over the reins just yet. There goes your velocity.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
When debts are "extinguished-retired" faster than they are created then yes, you have deflation; thus the reason why the central bank(s) intervened to expand the money supply and reduce the cost of leverage via interest rates. Debt growth, especially in a world reserve currency, has the the capacity to expand indefinitely, because, as the adage goes on Wall St; the US dollar is the cleanest dirty shirt on the rack.
Everyone is playing the same game and if the house of cards ever falls everything and everyone falls, so, everyone has the incentive to kick the can down the road. Think 2008 when the system cracked and collapsed. What saved it? The collective acceptance of fictional value. Paul Volcker once said that the entire monetary system is based on faith.
Want to stop deflation then grow debt, either through private debt or public debt. Isn't that what we've been witnessing and experiencing over the last 50 years? It's a simplistic answer but I don't want to get to wonkish.

When you control the price of money you control the price of everything.

Good job!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
You might also want to consider that the biggest economic force in recent history, the Baby Boom Generation, is slowing its spending as it retires. Millennials haven't taken over the reins just yet. There goes your velocity.
Recent inflation data would argue against that supposition. Forced purchasing through devaluation isn't an accident. Inflation isn't an aberration, it's a proposed product of the monetary system.
When you control the price of money you control the price of everything. Think about that.

wilberforce15

When debts are "extinguished-retired" faster than they are created then yes, you have deflation; thus the reason why the central bank(s) intervened to expand the money supply and reduce the cost of leverage via interest rates. Debt growth, especially in a world reserve currency, has the the capacity to expand indefinitely, because, as the adage goes on Wall St; the US dollar is the cleanest dirty shirt on the rack.
Everyone is playing the same game and if the house of cards ever falls everything and everyone falls, so, everyone has the incentive to kick the can down the road. Think 2008 when the system cracked and collapsed. What saved it? The collective acceptance of fictional value. Paul Volcker once said that the entire monetary system is based on faith.
Want to stop deflation then grow debt, either through private debt or public debt. Isn't that what we've been witnessing and experiencing over the last 50 years? It's a simplistic answer but I don't want to get to wonkish.

Good job!
The stock market and the commentators may lie, but the bond market is the most reliable indicator of truth, and the bond market doesn't believe in meaningful inflation right now.

They have to keep pushing the debt and leverage to keep the system running. But that which cannot last forever will not last forever. And then the great deleveraging will begin.

All of this is why I burst out into such laughter whenever some knucklehead starts talking about hyperinflation and gold, or the need to secure a low interest rate mortgage because they're going to go up or something.

If interest rates went up meaningfully, the whole system would collapse immediately. Therefore, they will never raise rates meaningfully on purpose.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
The stock market and the commentators may lie, but the bond market is the most reliable indicator of truth, and the bond market doesn't believe in meaningful inflation right now.

They have to keep pushing the debt and leverage to keep the system running. But that which cannot last forever will not last forever. And then the great deleveraging will begin.

All of this is why I burst out into such laughter whenever some knucklehead starts talking about hyperinflation and gold, or the need to secure a low interest rate mortgage because they're going to go up or something.

If interest rates went up meaningfully, the whole system would collapse immediately. Therefore, they will never raise rates meaningfully on purpose.
The bond market is the same as any market. It depends on supply and demand. When the central banks prints 120 billion dollars a months to buy up supply in the bond market it has a enormous "artificial" effect on prices. It's called "displacement" of yield and price.

Gold has been a world reserve currency for 6000 years.

All currencies are backed by gold even if it's not officially stated. That's why haven't sold Fort Knox and converted it into senior housing.

vantexan

Recent inflation data would argue against that supposition. Forced purchasing through devaluation isn't an accident. Inflation isn't an aberration, it's a proposed product of the monetary system.
When you control the price of money you control the price of everything. Think about that.
It's proposed in the sense that the Fed/government is trying to inflate away the debt much as they did in the late 70's/early 80's. The problem is at that time the government financed its debt with 30 year Treasury bonds and had nowhere near the debt to gdp ratio we have now. Now they're forced to finance with short term Treasury bills. Raising interest rates is going to hammer the government if they try to control inflation. It's political suicide to not try to control it.

wilberforce15

The bond market is the same as any market. It depends on supply and demand. When the central banks prints 120 billion dollars a months to buy up supply in the bond market it has a enormous "artificial" effect on prices. It's called "displacement" of yield and price.

Gold has been a world reserve currency for 6000 years.

All currencies are backed by gold even if it's not officially stated. That's why haven't sold Fort Knox and converted it into senior housing.
Gold has been among the worst investments anyone could make for the last 6000 years. The amount of labor it takes to get an ounce barely changes over centuries. It is not a currency and really sucks at being one.

There is a massive divergence in the way that stocks and bonds are treating inflation possibilities. The bond market isn't pricing it as if it will be big, and other markets are pricing it as if it would be big. The supply and demand in each place is still driven by what market participants consider to be likely.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
It's proposed in the sense that the Fed/government is trying to inflate away the debt much as they did in the late 70's/early 80's. The problem is at that time the government financed its debt with 30 year Treasury bonds and had nowhere near the debt to gdp ratio we have now. Now they're forced to finance with short term Treasury bills. Raising interest rates is going to hammer the government if they try to control inflation. It's political suicide to not try to control it.
Once you realize that money, people, and the value of goods and services are subjective, and when you can tell the difference between you, the one pulling the plow, vs those that "own" the means of production and the power "to price" what we are sold, as things of value, the you can free yourself from their suffocating life destroying python grip.

It's really sounds complicated but its not. Life is short, and what you should be trying to acquire is a sense of a universal soul, a connection with the infinite and the definite; and not objects that can be inherited and passed down to the potential drones (children/grandchildren) trapped in the system you left behind, without this explanation and insight.

vantexan

Once you realize that money, people, and the value of goods and services are subjective, and when you can tell the difference between you, the one pulling the plow, vs those that "own" the means of production and the power "to price" what we are sold, as things of value, the you can free yourself from their suffocating life destroying python grip.

It's really sounds complicated but its not. Life is short, and what you should be trying to acquire is a sense of a universal soul, a connection with the infinite and the definite; and not objects that can be inherited and passed down to the potential drones (children/grandchildren) trapped in the system you left behind, without this explanation and insight.
That's great Obi-wan but people still have to eat. By the way I earned a pension and walked away. I'd rather live poor than spend my life chasing my tail to make others wealthier. But my wife needs a roof over her head after I'm gone. So I'm going to live cheap as possible in Latin America while I save to pay off the mortgage. I'm perfectly content reading, walking, and living minimally.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
A Roman Tunic of the most expensive kind cost the same as the most expensive modern suit today. Gold isn't an investment it's a protection of purchasing power. Know the difference. Gold 6000 years ago is valued higher than any currency today and the fact that every major central bank still owns it is proof of its value.

I want you to understand something. No fiat currency in the last 6000 years, issued by any country, or any empire, has survived. Only gold and its sister asset silver has survived. So, in this current bubble of faith and hope for the success of this modern day fiat currency world, history doesn't predicted a different outcome. What it predicts is that blind faith and hubious of those that don't do their homework, and don't own gold, end up holding their Johnsons in their hand.
My advices is to own at least 20-30% of your wealth in physical gold. Leave the prays for the chapel.

I prefer the US Buffalo .9999 pure coin. My second choice is the Canadian Maple Leaf.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Yah, no printing going on, nothing to see here, move along.
The degree of printing vs the degree of debt expansion, public and private, is where your focus should be. Yes, what the Fed has done is important but what's really more important is the system of debt they have underwritten and caused to expand beyond its carrying capacity.

I just love these intellectual back and forths; especially with people who know a little more than Jack-Squat.