can't log into chat

C

cheryl

The chat has its own database and will require another registration. I tried to integrate our existing user database but the board program's encryption is incompatible with the chat room program.
wall.gif

Thank you for your patience...

W

wily_old_vet

just did the new registration, its no problem. Most people wont know the need to do it though. so i'd try to keep this thread at the top of the list.

C

cheryl

well guys...

I was trying to fix the problem that hubrat was having logging into the chat registration and I somehow managed to kerfrumple the new user database.

Those of you that registered yesterday will have to give it one more shot, I'm really sorry about that...

enough.gif

W

wily_old_vet

Cheryl-Never been kerfrumpled before. Should I be smiling and smoking a cig now?
lol.gif

W

wily_old_vet

Hey Cheryl-Just tried to get into chatroom. Took me to a page called Index of chat. ????

C

cheryl

hmmm wily, I'm not sure how that happened...

I reinstalled the whole thing a couple of times trying to get the database back so you must have logged in while the files were uploading.

blush2.gif

P

pd109

this is DS,I can see wily more and cheryl on there but we cant get in,any advice?

C

cheryl

Couldn't get in??? oh no...
wall.gif
I heard that you were trying to get in ds but when I got back to my computer you were gone... sorry my timing wasn't better.

There was a pretty big group in there last night and a few of them had trouble registering too. For a couple of people the registration page was either coming up blank or not coming up at all. I registered for them and would be happy to do the same for you if you would email the username and password you would like to use. It would be helpful if you would also include a brief description of where and how the registration process is failing.

Sorry for the trouble, tech support here I come...

C

cheryl

Apparently other sites using the same chat room program have had the same issue with the registration page. For some reason firewalls and/or pop up blockers installed on some users computers block the registration page. They haven't yet come up with a way to accommodate every possible computer configuration out there so I'll add an email registration option to the login page until the programmers come up with something more sophisticated.