Car and Bike Talk

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I still have my circular flying Sopwith Camel.

I also had some kind of a trainer that was hooked to string

Crashed a few times and it fell apart

Engine was still operational so kids being kids we’d start the engine and throw it up in the air and play kamikaze nearly took my neighbors head off

oldngray

nowhere special
I also had some kind of a trainer that was hooked to string

Crashed a few times and it fell apart

Engine was still operational so kids being kids we’d start the engine and throw it up in the air and play kamikaze nearly took my neighbors head off
I had a P-51 on a string. Kind of neat for a few minutes then quickly got boring.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yesterday I noticed a nearby Harley dealer apparently started selling Vanderhall trikes recently so I stopped to look. Definitely nice but at $40k they're just a rich people toy.

Vanderhall-Carmel-high-front-SILVER.png

sailfish

Yeah. I missed the exhaust.

You still need the Morgan.
I think they look better than the Vanderhalls but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a car let alone something with limited use like that. Plus I have nowhere to put it.

sailfish

Since when can a Harley Dealer sell anything besides a Harley? They tried that once with Buell and backed out.
I guess if the owner has the money they can bring whatever franchise they want under their roof. Another HD dealer near here used to sell Triumphs too then dropped them for Polaris. That one kinda pissed me off.

sailfish

The local dealer has a Harley CVO sitting on the showroom floor for $43,000+ and it only has 2 wheels.
My limit is $10k. I can maybe push it to 12 if I really like it and still see the value. But bang for buck starts to drop off really fast after that.

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess if the owner has the money they can bring whatever franchise they want under their roof. Another HD dealer near here used to sell Triumphs too then dropped them for Polaris. That one kinda pissed me off.
That's news to me. I've never been in a Harley shop that sold other brands except for one in Iowa that specializes in selling new ---old stock bikes. They have lots of many name brand bikes--- brand new from as far back as 2008.

rod

Retired 22 years
I did a search and yes - apparently Harley dealers are allowed to sell other brands if they want to. Our local dealer won't do it. In fact if you trade in a Honda on a Harley they take it right over to the local Honda shop and sell it to them -dirt cheap. (basically because they don't give you much for it to begin with).