Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
I FINALLY sold my other Harley . That only took 2 years. Tough market out there now for those pigs. Some dude let his friend ride his to see if he wanted to go to Sturgis with him and the guy totaled it. Apparently the other guy now is buying 2. :-)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I FINALLY sold my other Harley . That only took 2 years. Tough market out there now for those pigs. Some dude let his friend ride his to see if he wanted to go to Sturgis with him and the guy totaled it. Apparently the other guy now is buying 2. :-)
Someone was supposed to buy mine five years ago but backed out and I had been stuck with it since. When I just bought my new bike I traded it with the Yamaha and got hugley :censored2:ed on the value but I just had to finally get rid of it. I also got a few hundred over book for the Yamaha so I just let it go. But I'm sure that was a mistake on the dealer's part not just them being nice.

rod

Retired 22 years
Someone was supposed to buy mine five years ago but backed out and I had been stuck with it since. When I just bought my new bike I traded it with the Yamaha and got hugley :censored2:ed on the value but I just had to finally get rid of it. I also got a few hundred over book for the Yamaha so I just let it go. But I'm sure that was a mistake on the dealer's part not just them being nice.
The market is flooded with good low mileage motorcycles. They can be a real pain in the ass to sale now. I was lucky that a guy NEEDED a good reliable one for his Sturgis trip at the last moment when his buddy totaled his out. My 2011 Ultra sold for $10,200. I was prepared to ,let it go for $9,000 .

clean hairy

Anyone who can identify the year of this car?
Only badging is a Pontiac nameplate on th right front fender.

Attachments

• 20200803_132635.jpg
    20200803_132635.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200803_132622.jpg
    20200803_132622.jpg
    879.9 KB · Views: 136

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Was this the model that was built so solid when one would end up in the scrapyard it could not be crushed?
I hope not, because the brake pedal went to the floor the other day when I was rounding the curve downhill across to Connecticut… I was about as helpless as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest and might’ve killed somebody if it wasn’t for that good ol’ handbrake!

clean hairy

I did some checking.
Seems there was a commercial showing a monster truck running over one, and it held up.
Turns out, the one in the commercial had been reinforced.