Car and Bike Talk

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3369_55.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn--just found out today my local Harley dealer is closing their doors. I was talking to them today and they said they were having the best year they have had in a long time but that didn't matter to Corporate who is shutting them and another 200 smaller stores down. That sucks. The next nearest dealer is 65 miles away.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Damn--just found out today my local Harley dealer is closing their doors. I was talking to them today and they said they were having the best year they have had in a long time but that didn't matter to Corporate who is shutting them and another 200 smaller stores down. That sucks. The next nearest dealer is 65 miles away.
Don't know what that's about. From what someone told me who went recently, my local one doesn't have any new bikes. Just a couple used ones. Been there forever. I'd hate to see them go next.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't know what that's about. From what someone told me who went recently, my local one doesn't have any new bikes. Just a couple used ones. Been there forever. I'd hate to see them go next.
My dealer told me they were having all kinds of problems getting parts from their distributors ---blaming it on the COVID thing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like your dealership is on the chopping block too.

rod

Retired 22 years
That would be :censored2:ing stupid on Harley's part. Harleys are all you see around here.
Pretty much the same here too. We only have one other Honda /Suzuki Dealer in town but they are mostly into the dirt bike stuff. The bean counters at these big corporations sometimes fail to see the damage they are doing with their stupid moves. We do have a guy who runs a motorcycle repair shop who works on anything but he has a small (over crowded ) shop who would probably be wise to start looking around for a bigger building because his Harley repair / oil change/ tire business is sure to quadruple. I know I'm not going to drive 130 miles to get an oil change. (Yes I know -I could do it myself but I don't do any of that anymore---I've got more money than ambition :-))

quad decade guy

My first car was a hand me down 66 Ford Custom. Put your foot to the floor and it just made noise. Eventually making cruise speed. I own an 08 Vette and it's my Sat. Night car. Gets driven about once a week. My only muscle car I've ever owned. The wife loves it. We have a 90° corner and the record is 55mph. It is just a sub 180 mph car. It's a lot of car for $20 grand we paid for it. It's in great shape with low miles and grey leather.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Harley missed the boat when this trend came along. If I was younger I would get one but they tend to be too tall for me now. I like a M/C that you can set flat footed at a stoplight instead of tippy toe. I'm a shade too short for these sky-scrapers. At least the ones I've seen anyway.
They got the Pan America coming out but they're a little late to the party. Mine's not too bad. I usually tripod it with one foot flat and the other on the peg at stops

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My first car was a hand me down 66 Ford Custom. Put your foot to the floor and it just made noise. Eventually making cruise speed. I own an 08 Vette and it's my Sat. Night car. Gets driven about once a week. My only muscle car I've ever owned. The wife loves it. We have a 90° corner and the record is 55mph. It is just a sub 180 mph car. It's a lot of car for $20 grand we paid for it. It's in great shape with low miles and grey leather.

55mph? So much for safety.