Car and Bike Talk

oldngray

nowhere special
you-all-get-old.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not a car or a bike but I got this yesterday. I live in a community with a golf course and golf cart lanes all over the place. I don't golf which is a good thing. They don't allow lifted or big wheeled carts on the course itself.

fullsizeoutput_16d8.jpeg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do you have to pay to get tags to drive that on the street? Or it doesn't matter since private roads?
I have to go to the county courthouse Monday and pay $35 for a special decal. I live in a gated community with a guard but the streets are actually public roads so the county is going to tax it somehow. I did have the dealer add turn signals, a windshield, and a horn. The HOA just says you have to have a driver's license and car insurance. I will add seatbelts later mainly for the rear seat. I never see drivers wear them.
You need gangsta whitewalls, curb feelers and a boom box.
I have a mirror kit and custom steering wheel coming tomorrow. When I saw the cart, it wasn't lifted and had smaller tires, it was cheaper for them to add those than what I could buy it for. You can't drive on the golf course with a lifted cart and big tires though. You can get all kinds of dress-up junk to put on these things. Some I see around the neighborhood with loud radio systems and a few I see with Christmas Lights wired to them. They actually have parades and competitions where I live.
Ever get it on 2 wheels?
Not yet! they only allow electrics in here and they top out at 15-20 mph. You can put a chip in them to easily get another 5mph. If you want to go all out, a bigger electric motor and different gearing at the back wheels can make things more interesting.