Car and Bike Talk

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nice looking ride. They sure aren't afraid to charge an arm and a leg for those are they.
A new one like this can easily cost $10K, I only wanted to spend 5K. Most golf cart dealers will get retired carts from golf courses and repaint and add new batteries and tires. There is currently a golf cart shortage due to people buying them for home use because of the pandemic. The first place I went to the guy usually had 200 of them and was sold out. I could have waited two weeks for a 2010 model. The one I got is a 2017 and listed for $6099. It looks brand new. The lift kit and bigger tires added $500 and the light kit, windshield, rear seat, charger, delivery, and taxes put me at $7K.

rod

Retired 22 years
A new one like this can easily cost $10K, I only wanted to spend 5K. Most golf cart dealers will get retired carts from golf courses and repaint and add new batteries and tires. There is currently a golf cart shortage due to people buying them for home use because of the pandemic. The first place I went to the guy usually had 200 of them and was sold out. I could have waited two weeks for a 2010 model. The one I got is a 2017 and listed for $6099. It looks brand new. The lift kit and bigger tires added $500 and the light kit, windshield, rear seat, charger, delivery, and taxes put me at $7K.
Its kind of funny around here. We are a big resort area with many high buck golf courses in the area. In the Spring you will see what looks like new car transporters coming in loaded with golf carts to be used here. In the Fall they load them all up and haul them back south.

rod

Retired 22 years
1606010487686.png

trickpony1

Several years ago I had a CPU run.
One of my pickups was in a podunk town 2 hours from the hub.
The pkg car driver was a sweet little thing that I will always remember.
I could always tell when she was on the run that day cuz I could hear her rubbing redline from the nearby stop sign.
I will always remember her.

Rev on.

Rarefish383

Love the early Who, Odds and Sods, Pictures of Lily.
I bought this car in 1999, took it apart in 2001, and finally have the money to restore it. It's next on the list at Bucky Hess's shop. Bucky races Hemi Cuda's, and his son has a 64 Coronet Hemi and 64 Dodge Hemi drag cars. My car is a one year only option. 68 Cuda Formula S 383, 4 speed, convertible. Only 64 were built and the last I checked the Chrysler registry on 12 were know to exist.
H6FIR32.jpg

upsgrunt

Any driver here deliver to Martin Brothers customs in Texas? When I have a truck built, he will do it. His work is amazing.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I’m glad she’s okay.
Thank you. Me too. I keep calling every hour just to make sure
C5801D91-B20D-473C-B15C-3B2F0A7E13D3.jpeg

That car was a mother:censored2:ing monster… 5500 pounds of solid Bavarian steel. I failed her I should’ve been there to put the chains on but I’m hundreds of miles away

but you didn’t hear the best: that right headlight? Has been malfunctioning for three months. No factor at this point ;)

quad decade guy

I look at Craigslist ads every day. Never know what you will find...So, this ad Title: Stolen mx bike-late model Honda. Ok. So I open it...guy claims a buyer comes to test ride and leaves a truck with keys for deposit.....then rides off into the sunset with the bike. Really?

On a loud mx bike?

Didn't you pursue the perp? Just roll down the window and follow? Poster claims truck was "stolen"....Really?

Insurance scam? I realize this scenario is remotely possible.....but really?

I've sold dozens of bikes(and bought) and its never been anything but here's the bike, here's my money. Oh test rides and some questions and a little negotiation but that's it. Most bikes I look at, I buy as they are what I'm looking for. If the original asking price is way high, I don't even call. But then, I'm not a flipper.....I hate flippers.

quad decade guy

Love the early Who, Odds and Sods, Pictures of Lily.
I bought this car in 1999, took it apart in 2001, and finally have the money to restore it. It's next on the list at Bucky Hess's shop. Bucky races Hemi Cuda's, and his son has a 64 Coronet Hemi and 64 Dodge Hemi drag cars. My car is a one year only option. 68 Cuda Formula S 383, 4 speed, convertible. Only 64 were built and the last I checked the Chrysler registry on 12 were know to exist.
H6FIR32.jpg
What are your intentions after it's completion? Curious.....keep or sell? Is this an "investment" or pleasure at any price?