Car and Bike Talk

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Now you're talking. Someone up the street has a vintage Royal Enfield.

I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

(For what it's worth, I would love to have a BSA 441 Victor Special. I used to know a guy who flat-tracked one, and the sound of that big thumper was awesome.)

W

What The Hawk?

I saw an old Chevrolet Bel Air the other day, sky blue. I was driving so I couldn't get a pic. It was sexy..

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Now you're talking. Someone up the street has a vintage Royal Enfield.

I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

(For what it's worth, I would love to have a BSA 441 Victor Special. I used to know a guy who flat-tracked one, and the sound of that big thumper was awesome.)
Would you cafe it up?

clean hairy

Trying to get the car repair talk in another thread into this one where it fits better.
What the book or software says on auto repair is inflated time.
I had a bad drive axle on a car, the dealer showed me where labor would be 2 hours.
I took it to an independent repair shop, from the time I pulled into the parking lot to the time I left, was just around an hour.
The Dealer knows the same shortcuts that the independent shop knows and uses.

MAKAVELI

Trying to get the car repair talk in another thread into this one where it fits better.
What the book or software says on auto repair is inflated time.
I had a bad drive axle on a car, the dealer showed me where labor would be 2 hours.
I took it to an independent repair shop, from the time I pulled into the parking lot to the time I left, was just around an hour.
The Dealer knows the same shortcuts that the independent shop knows and uses.
They all go by " book time ". Some shops may estimate over or under book time depending on the job but the actual time depends on the mechanic's ability and tool resources. Some jobs actually take longer than book time.