Car wash

This is my impression for car wash position

I am relative new to UPS. Only been driver helper and trailer unload for few months

Last month I decided to pull my nerve and find car wash supervisor and ask to be part time. With only few times driving uhaul trucks, I managed to pass driving test including docking into bay, and squeeze the truck in and out the box lines. Sup said usually car wash folks are used to be drivers

When I asked about car wash, Sup said there is no car wash unless management want to make dog and pony show. What amaze me the most is car wash folks can park them trucks so tight that you can barely fit through the gap between 2 trucks .

So this week is my first week doing "car wash", all I have to say the job is pretty busy. Learning how fuel CNG trucks, try to shuffle cars in and out the building and box lines

It seem crazy fun but can get nerve wrecking stressful job. If you enjoy this kind of stress, sign up for "car wash". It just basically glorified valet parking driver

Up In Smoke

One of my first jobs at UPS. PM park and fuel 120 cars into a belt sort system building. When I first started, each local sort employee was assigned 4 pkg cars and it was there job to do A, B and C washes weekly. The company used to be proud of the appearance of fleet and personnel.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This is my impression for car wash position

I am relative new to UPS. Only been driver helper and trailer unload for few months

Last month I decided to pull my nerve and find car wash supervisor and ask to be part time. With only few times driving uhaul trucks, I managed to pass driving test including docking into bay, and squeeze the truck in and out the box lines. Sup said usually car wash folks are used to be drivers

When I asked about car wash, Sup said there is no car wash unless management want to make dog and pony show. What amaze me the most is car wash folks can park them trucks so tight that you can barely fit through the gap between 2 trucks .

So this week is my first week doing "car wash", all I have to say the job is pretty busy. Learning how fuel CNG trucks, try to shuffle cars in and out the building and box lines

It seem crazy fun but can get nerve wrecking stressful job. If you enjoy this kind of stress, sign up for "car wash". It just basically glorified valet parking driver
Stress? Lol

UnionStrong

Yes, box line is very small (3 car length) and in the evening both sides are full , have to wiggle alot, especially 171s cars...also have play shuffle cars back and forth to make room outside in the Yard
I did car wash. Gas, run em’ thru the wash, park them in the assigned spot on my clipboard. Check oil once a week. All types of trucks. Easiest, most stress free job I ever had at UPS. Each guy was responsible for so many cars, rookie got extra. Never had more than 40 or so trucks. Some guys had 27 or so. Peak sucked.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I loved feeder car wash when on relief. Averaged maybe 2 tractors an hour. There was no list.
We just washed the tractors that needed it most.

Most drivers washed their own. ( RTW state )

I did car wash. Gas, run em’ thru the wash, park them in the assigned spot on my clipboard. Check oil once a week. All types of trucks. Easiest, most stress free job I ever had at UPS. Each guy was responsible for so many cars, rookie got extra. Never had more than 40 or so trucks. Some guys had 27 or so. Peak sucked.
It is stress free during fueling, but not when your have park no more than 6 in wide

Cowboy Mac

I did it all night. 1200s 1000s 24footers. You get used to it.
I did car wash also. So easy it’s almost boring. Also it sucked going home smelling like gas every night, and sometimes getting wet from the car wash. During peak, we would park the 24 footers and rentals so close you couldn’t open the door to get out. We had to climb out through the window.

trickpony1

I did car wash also. So easy it’s almost boring. Also it sucked going home smelling like gas every night, and sometimes getting wet from the car wash. During peak, we would park the 24 footers and rentals so close you couldn’t open the door to get out. We had to climb out through the window.
Sounds safe to me.......

Safely helping.

UnionStrong

😂 Bet you couldn’t climb out now!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Compared to delivering, it’s paradise

You just can't let them on the streets....

1654696502391.png

UnionStrong

I remember my first time going on the road in a package car after car washing for so long. I had never used 4th or 5th gear before and it was scary going past 20mph for a bit. You could definitely feel the play in the steering, like driving a boat.
Some of the old ones were real bad, you looked like a drunk there was so much play in the steering wheel. Lol