caravan

oldngray

nowhere special
dont kid yourself. america is 1 country. the equivalent to the EU would be canadians and americans freely moving across their borders.
Not true. The US was set up as a confederation of mostly independent states - much like the EU. It wasn't until after the Civil War that it changed and the federal government had more control.

vantexan

dont kid yourself. america is 1 country. the equivalent to the EU would be canadians and americans freely moving across their borders.
OK Ricky, move to the EU. They'll tell you that you aren't a resident of the EU, that you are only allowed to stay 90 days in any 180 day period. If you want to move there permanently you will have to go through the red tape, pay all the fees, etc. That's different from the U.S. in that each country in the EU has it's own regulations as to how to move there. Only Bulgaria has a retirement visa. Others will let you get residency based on a variety of factors, such as a job, family connections, studying at a university, etc. You can't just up and move to the EU, just like you can't just up and move to the U.S., although some of our politicians would like that to be so.

rickyb

Not true. The US was set up as a confederation of mostly independent states - much like the EU. It wasn't until after the Civil War that it changed and the federal government had more control.
the EU does not consist of states. each one of those countries likely has regions within called provinces or states, just like america.

rickyb

OK Ricky, move to the EU. They'll tell you that you aren't a resident of the EU, that you are only allowed to stay 90 days in any 180 day period. If you want to move there permanently you will have to go through the red tape, pay all the fees, etc. That's different from the U.S. in that each country in the EU has it's own regulations as to how to move there. Only Bulgaria has a retirement visa. Others will let you get residency based on a variety of factors, such as a job, family connections, studying at a university, etc. You can't just up and move to the EU, just like you can't just up and move to the U.S., although some of our politicians would like that to be so.
no kidding einstein

rickyb

theres no country called the "EU". there is a country called USA.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sorry, I'm a Free-Trade Open-Borders guy.

Open-Borders doesn't mean 'Swiss Cheese', and it doesn't mean the 'caravan' gets to roll in, and it doesn't mean we don't need laws at the border, it means we need Congress to do their fkg job and legislate these items.

It amazes me, the vitriol from Congressmen about immigration, when they continually refuse to deal with it.

It would be like if I rolled into work as a Package Car Driver and simply refused to do my job, and better yet, I brought out a megaphone to tell everyone who could hear that I'M JUST NOT GONNA DO MY JOB.

How long would I last in that position?

Yet, we have Congressmen complaining about the problems that are occurring because they're not doing their job.

Amazing.
Much like your Teamster Representatives did for the Union?