caravan

El Correcto

god is dead
Completely irrelevant, I don't want my money going to Iraq and Afghanistan (another completely irrelevant statement), but I go to work.

Did you find an apartment?
I’ve been in one for the past year. Never made the plunge back to my mothers house. Couldn’t do it. Like being single and living alone too much.

BrownArmy

I’ve been in one for the past year. Never made the plunge back to my mothers house. Couldn’t do it. Like being single and living alone too much.

On a side note, start saving right now, how little or much you can, it makes a huge difference.

Compound interest!

El Correcto

god is dead
Completely irrelevant, I don't want my money going to Iraq and Afghanistan (another completely irrelevant statement), but I go to work.

Did you find an apartment?
It’s not irrelevant, just like fighting discrimination with discrimination, fighting higher college prices with government subsidizing is the most asinine approach to the issue. But democrats are not logical people and will grandstand on handouts like they are morale for robbing those who work.

BrownArmy

It’s not irrelevant, just like fighting discrimination with discrimination, fighting higher college prices with government subsidizing is the most asinine approach to the issue. But democrats are not logical people and will grandstand on handouts like they are morale for robbing those who work.

Are we still talking about Harvard?

BrownArmy

No I’m just attacking you at this point with facts. It’s like throwing :censored2: at a wall and hoping it sticks though, liberalism has rotted your brain before you wised up and turned liberaltarian.

OK, I'm twice your age, hit me back with the facts you're attacking me with.

I'll respond accordingly.

El Correcto

god is dead
OK, I'm twice your age, hit me back with the facts you're attacking me with.

I'll respond accordingly.
subsidizing colleges drive up prices of tuition, it’s a bad way to fight high college prices. It also takes away from buying power of working class Americans requiring higher taxes or added national debt and currency inflation.

Fighting discrimination with affirmative action laws and race quotas is fighting discrimination with discrimination and making discrimination systemic in our society. It doesn’t hold true to the belief that we are all equals in the eyes of the law when the laws benefit some over others based on minority status.

El Correcto

god is dead
She's only missing homophobic.:happy2:
I leave that to the guys who refer to gay men as women. You’re not suppose to attack me, gay men have minority status as well my social justice brother, we just tend to make more money on average.. what is it you do at FedEx again?

BrownArmy

subsidizing colleges drive up prices of tuition, it’s a bad way to fight high college prices. It also takes away from buying power of working class Americans requiring higher taxes or added national debt and currency inflation.

Fighting discrimination with affirmative action laws and race quotas is fighting discrimination with discrimination and making discrimination systemic in our society. It doesn’t hold true to the belief that we are all equals in the eyes of the law when the laws benefit some over others based on minority status.

Maybe.

But laws have always existed and continue to exist that discriminate against certain segments of our population.

It's never been the case that our laws have, in practice, made every Citizen equal.

In fact, again, it's 2018 and our laws still favor some and disparage others.

Would that it were true, that this land we live in was color-blind and equal opportunities abounded for everyone that just wanted to work.

That's not the case.

I simply disagree with your premise...Affirmative Action was a misguided attempt to 'level the playing field'...'race-quotas' are and were a misguided attempt to 'level the playing field'...

Back to your example of Harvard, if we got rid of AA and quotas completely, 70% of Harvard would be Asian, 20% would be 'Legacy' students or students with sports scholarships (mostly white/black, but mix in some other races), and the remainder would be...white?

Again, which problem are you trying to fix?

Guy, there's not a liberal ploy to discriminate against whites.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that you lean Libertarian, what is your fix for a private institution which wants to admit whomever they want to admit?

MAKAVELI

I leave that to the guys who refer to gay men as women. You’re not suppose to attack me, gay men have minority status as well my social justice brother, we just tend to make more money on average.. what is it you do at FedEx again?
Oh now you want to claim minority status and social justice? Sorry brotha, it doesn't just work for your group.:happy2:

El Correcto

god is dead
Maybe.

But laws have always existed and continue to exist that discriminate against certain segments of our population.

It's never been the case that our laws have, in practice, made every Citizen equal.

In fact, again, it's 2018 and our laws still favor some and disparage others.

Would that it were true, that this land we live in was color-blind and equal opportunities abounded for everyone that just wanted to work.

That's not the case.

I simply disagree with your premise...Affirmative Action was a misguided attempt to 'level the playing field'...'race-quotas' are and were a misguided attempt to 'level the playing field'...

Back to your example of Harvard, if we got rid of AA and quotas completely, 70% of Harvard would be Asian, 20% would be 'Legacy' students or students with sports scholarships (mostly white/black, but mix in some other races), and the remainder would be...white?

Again, which problem are you trying to fix?

Guy, there's not a liberal ploy to discriminate against whites.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that you lean Libertarian, what is your fix for a private institution which wants to admit whomever they want to admit?
They can accept whoever they want, I just pointed out that they are bias in their selection, you guys attacked me as racist and wrong but now are confirming my accusation.

I’m conservative, which is a truly progressive idealogy compared to most of the rest. I can argue with honest libertarians and sometimes agree with them, but you’re not libertarian.

BrownArmy

They can accept whoever they want, I just pointed out that they are bias in their selection, you guys attacked me as racist and wrong but now are confirming my accusation.

I’m conservative, which is a truly progressive idealogy compared to most of the rest. I can argue with honest libertarians and sometimes agree with them, but you’re not libertarian.

I think you're replying to the wrong post.

MAKAVELI

You’re right, liberals want me to cut off my dick now and parade myself around in a dress if I want my minority status back.... nah I’m good.
You either stand for all of those who suffer from social injustice or you stand for none.