Carol on CNBC

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Anyone can look good with softball questions. She’s doing the exact same things she did with Home Depot. Destroy service and customer relations and run for the hills when there’s nothing left to cut or outsource.

The fact she put some numbers out there is all a part of the plan. Try to turn the public against the teamsters. Make us look greedy and spoilt.

Another quarter of record profit though. No doubt the newer drivers will be laid off in January and PT MRAs will be adjusted.

Remember this come strike time.
Those interviews are always preplanned.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
She knew from a young age.... she would run this company.

1667216126522.png

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
She knew from a young age.... she would run this company.

View attachment 406112

I am going to wait a while before I judge her...The decision to rid our redundant management positions were in place before she took over.
That is a good thing, way too many Vice Presidents and Corporate Executives doing nothing except playing the game.

One of the reasons they selected Carol was she was considered an outsider. We had a promotion system that favored the good old boys and promoted strictly on the basis of who you knew. Face it the main reason that our old time management joined that rat race was they couldn’t cut it as an Union employee. It was a quick rich scheme for most of them, a desk job with a fat pension and access to cheap MIP stock.

Most of those old time management retired as multi millionaires and for the most part their counterparts (the hourlies) were harassed, bullied, terminated or many left on some form of permanent disability before becoming eligible for any decent retirement benefits.

Meanwhile the Union Leadership good old boys were far too busy playing politics, playing favorites and not representing the rank and file as a whole. Since the “97” strike the Company has pretty much got what it wanted, it took a little time but they were right on schedule for the most part.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I am going to wait a while before I judge her...The decision to rid our redundant management positions were in place before she took over.
That is a good thing, way too many Vice Presidents and Corporate Executives doing nothing except playing the game.

One of the reasons they selected Carol was she was considered an outsider. We had a promotion system that favored the good old boys and promoted strictly on the basis of who you knew. Face it the main reason that our old time management joined that rat race was they couldn’t cut it as an Union employee. It was a quick rich scheme for most of them, a desk job with a fat pension and access to cheap MIP stock.

Most of those old time management retired as multi millionaires and for the most part their counterparts (the hourlies) were harassed, bullied, terminated or many left on some form of permanent disability before becoming eligible for any decent retirement benefits.

Meanwhile the Union Leadership good old boys were far too busy playing politics, playing favorites and not representing the rank and file as a whole. Since the “97” strike the Company has pretty much got what it wanted, it took a little time but they were right on schedule for the most part.
I hope Big Union Man doesn't see this...

HavenoEDD

Understand your desire to wait it out with this company but I would point to her time at Home depot as a good indicator as to her way of doing things. It’s ultimately not about the customer with her..it’s stretching the work force to as close to the limits as possible. Quality of service goes downhill and as long as the $ grow it’s a win for the company.

Her ethics go against the old school UPS way where we actually care about getting packages to people on time and their front doors as professionally as possible. We are not FedEx or Amazon and are proud of that…at least some of us are.

Sure, there’s always dead weight to be cut and trimmed at any company in time but “better not bigger” tells you everything you need to know. She’s doing nothing any other CEO would be doing. Ticking the boxes of cultural issues to appease the masses but taking off the rose colored glasses, what changes and improvements have there been to reduce harassment and stress of her workforce? None because she doesn’t care about those issues. No? How did the company address the heat deaths this summer…pathetic.

The outsourcing, job cuts and reshuffling makes any CEO look good but the ones like her don’t last long in one place because they are a one trick pony and whilst she may not be a part of the old school, it wasn’t a hire to progress the company. She checks boxes, get the money to the shareholders and runs off before the service damage starts to effect the balance sheet.

Superteeth2478

Lift over size boxes and show up for work more than three days in a row??
LOL most of the part-timers in my hub don't show up for more than 3 days in a row. Some of the seasonal hires have said, in response to being told they have to load packages less than 70 pounds unassisted, "I ain't doing that :censored2:!" and walked out. LOLOLOL

Up In Smoke

She's been on the UPS board since 2003. Hardly an outsider.

DELACROIX

Understand your desire to wait it out with this company but I would point to her time at Home depot as a good indicator as to her way of doing things. It’s ultimately not about the customer with her..it’s stretching the work force to as close to the limits as possible. Quality of service goes downhill and as long as the $ grow it’s a win for the company.

Her ethics go against the old school UPS way where we actually care about getting packages to people on time and their front doors as professionally as possible. We are not FedEx or Amazon and are proud of that…at least some of us are.

Sure, there’s always dead weight to be cut and trimmed at any company in time but “better not bigger” tells you everything you need to know. She’s doing nothing any other CEO would be doing. Ticking the boxes of cultural issues to appease the masses but taking off the rose colored glasses, what changes and improvements have there been to reduce harassment and stress of her workforce? None because she doesn’t care about those issues. No? How did the company address the heat deaths this summer…pathetic.

The outsourcing, job cuts and reshuffling makes any CEO look good but the ones like her don’t last long in one place because they are a one trick pony and whilst she may not be a part of the old school, it wasn’t a hire to progress the company. She checks boxes, get the money to the shareholders and runs off before the service damage starts to effect the balance sheet.
She's been on the UPS board since 2003. Hardly an outsider.

I should of clarify my observation...She never worked for UPS or it’s subdivisions..

Abney went through the ranks

Davis came out of Morrow II

I have no illusions to her ultimate goal of pleasing the real shareholders, her lucrative stock incentive bonuses are tied to the quarterly net profits. Her base salary is 2 million, the rest of the compensation package of 27 million are performance oriented.

I believe she is 63 years old and after this contract will more likely retire...She was already a multi millionaire before accepting the position.

I again will state that there will be no work stoppage at UPS with this 2023 Contract. I guarantee you that there will be third parties involved with the coming negotiations. Just look at the Rail situation, the Feds are involved and they know every dirty secret done by both sides.

Right now the O’Brien administration is not asking for the moon..

A decent GWI is a given

Monetary contributions into our Healthcare currently are adequate.

Again it comes down to pension equity for every member nationwide.

If a reasonable early out 25 any age with some form of health coverage till age 65 is negotiated..
Both sides will win big time...

CHEMA-DELMA

Your point is well taken but I was bored driving so I took the tie, I could cut that job with ease. The guys that were 10 years ahead of me made the $$ as center managers, since the IPO the only ones that made any $$ were the Regional Managers or grade 20 or above. They left the rest of us out. That was since Davis was the CEO. Its not a fat pension, you get 3% taken away for any year before 65, The koolaid went sour back in the 2006- 2015 years.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I should of clarify my observation...She never worked for UPS or it’s subdivisions..

Abney went through the ranks

Davis came out of Morrow II

I have no illusions to her ultimate goal of pleasing the real shareholders, her lucrative stock incentive bonuses are tied to the quarterly net profits. Her base salary is 2 million, the rest of the compensation package of 27 million are performance oriented.

I believe she is 63 years old and after this contract will more likely retire...She was already a multi millionaire before accepting the position.

I again will state that there will be no work stoppage at UPS with this 2023 Contract. I guarantee you that there will be third parties involved with the coming negotiations. Just look at the Rail situation, the Feds are involved and they know every dirty secret done by both sides.

Right now the O’Brien administration is not asking for the moon..

A decent GWI is a given

Monetary contributions into our Healthcare currently are adequate.

Again it comes down to pension equity for every member nationwide.

If a reasonable early out 25 any age with some form of health coverage till age 65 is negotiated..
Both sides will win big time...
Not sure how I got quoted.,.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Your point is well taken but I was bored driving so I took the tie, I could cut that job with ease. The guys that were 10 years ahead of me made the $$ as center managers, since the IPO the only ones that made any $$ were the Regional Managers or grade 20 or above. They left the rest of us out. That was since Davis was the CEO. Its not a fat pension, you get 3% taken away for any year before 65, The koolaid went sour back in the 2006- 2015 years.
Same reason here....

DELACROIX

I am a little familiar with your pension plan, that 3 % penalty is far better than the 6 % one that we Union folk currently enjoy. Back in 1992 before it went public UPS shares were valued at 30 dollars a share, those old time partners had access to a ton of shares (MIP) and other performance incentive programs. When it did go public most of them were bragging about becoming millionaires in our building, a lot of those management people knew before hand that it was going public and were obtaining second mortgages on their homes in order to buy additional stock before the official announcement.

Not sure why they are eliminating any future vesting in you pension plans, probably had to do with the increasing costs associated with maintaining their Defined Benefit Pension Plans.
Another factor could be they are going to try to negotiate out or reduce their Collective Bargaining pension obligations in 2023.

JR Ewing

What?