Carolina’s — Stay safe

vantexan

The issue is that most of that wealth is concentrated in the hands of the very few.

We are, as I post this, the wealthiest nation, but that could change. More importantly, does it matter?

Our infrastructure is third-world, our economy is set up to favor the monied, our healthcare system is the most expensive yet we can’t provide basic healthcare to the majority of our citizens (which costs us more in the long run), etc., on and on and on.

We don’t have a supply problem, we have a distribution problem, and I’m not advocating for redistribution of wealth, but could we maybe stop redistributing 99% of the wealth upwards?

I love America, but America is doing what it’s always done: subsidizing its wealthy citizens on the backs of its working class.

That’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

We can do a hell of a lot better.
I've been to the Third World. Our infrastructure is much better.

BrownArmy

Who said we're tops? You like the hyperbole.

All I said was that our infrastructure is in dire need of attention after years of neglect.

I get a little tired of the yahoos who say that the US is the very best ever, but when I point out that our infrastructure, healthcare, and education are starting to lag behind all the countries we’re supposed to be better than, all I get is some non-sequitor nonsense about how it’s worse somewhere else.

Of course it’s worse somewhere else, dip:censored2:, it should be worse everywhere else,

THIS IS ‘MURICA DAMMIT

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I get a little tired of the yahoos who say that the US is the very best ever, but when I point out that our infrastructure, healthcare, and education are starting to lag behind all the countries we’re supposed to be better than, all I get is some non-sequitor nonsense about how it’s worse somewhere else.

Of course it’s worse somewhere else, dip:censored2:, it should be worse everywhere else,

THIS IS ‘MURICA DAMMIT
Must be drinkin' tonite, he's more patriotic than normal.

vantexan

All I said was that our infrastructure is in dire need of attention after years of neglect.

THIS IS ‘MURICA DAMMIT
You said it was Third World, and I said I've been to the Third World and America has much better infrastructure.

El Correcto

god is dead

THIS IS ‘MURICA DAMMIT
Me to, we need to get the federal government out of education, healthcare and infrastructure.

rod

Retired 22 years
well informed people cooperating democratically together.

the biggest criminals in a society are always government and corporate executives.

im very weary of power and power abuse that comes with too much power.

good luck finding your fantasy world

rickyb

Ricky you should really drop the Howard Zen Noam Chomsky nonsensical view of America. Does it have its problems, sure no where is a utopia. Is it the strongest, wealthiest and greatest nation to ever be created, absolutely.
wealthiest for whom? i know its the wealthiest in the world, but the poor are better off in many other countries

greatest probably not. maybe true at one time, good chance not.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
hannabrewerscreenshot.jpg

Looting already.