Cheryl

rickyb

Cheryl was good enough to start this forum and I like to talk to people on here and debate topics so I grateful to her for letting people do that

Recently I was got in trouble and I was told "not to talk about the US govt" even though Cheryl would've supported my free speech because I was doing this back when she was around.

I also got in trouble recently for giving my opinion on the requirements for christianity. So for example - you are not a christian if you put a swastika on one side of the church and a cross on the other as nazis did.

Cheryl made rules and believed in freedom of speech. She did not believe in a heavily censored safe space.

Thebrownblob

Hi, the previous owners are no longer with us, rest their souls

Doubtful anyone told you you can’t talk about the US Government.

The example you gave is nothing like what you were saying. so I think you might be twisting what you were banned for or have have a different opinion from the moderators. But I’m not bothered by what you say so it doesn’t matter to me.

Glad you’re back.

vantexan

Cheryl was good enough to start this forum and I like to talk to people on here and debate topics so I grateful to her for letting people do that

Recently I was got in trouble and I was told "not to talk about the US govt" even though Cheryl would've supported my free speech because I was doing this back when she was around.

I also got in trouble recently for giving my opinion on the requirements for christianity. So for example - you are not a christian if you put a swastika on one side of the church and a cross on the other as nazis did.

Cheryl made rules and believed in freedom of speech. She did not believe in a heavily censored safe space.
You don't believe in Jesus yet you want to tell Christians how they're supposed to act. Call them liars if they don't see it your way. No matter what we post you plow right past it to tell us that only your way is acceptable. There's no discussion with you. It's ok to have strong opinions. Most of us do. But back it up with facts. Saying so and so says isn't backing it up. Referring to a plot of a movie isn't backing it up. Welcome back.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

@rickyb ... Don't take it personal ... it is just because you are a :canadfireworks:...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
q2alNB6erkKp.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Cheryl would have been the first to explain to you that this is a privately owned forum and free speech does not apply.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

You can't tell other posters that they aren't real Christians.

There are many posters here with very strong religious roots, and their faith is an important part of their life.

Just like you can't insult people for being a Democrat or a Republican, you can't go after them for their religious belief system.

Sportello

Banned
Cheryl would have been the first to explain to you that this is a privately owned forum and free speech does not apply.
Cheryl also was even handed, and didn’t allow a lot of things that happen here today. Vulgar and hateful memes come to mind. Also thinly disguised ways around the language filter.

Just admit that this is not the same as it was.

You can't tell other posters that they aren't real Christians.

There are many posters here with very strong religious roots, and their faith is an important part of their life.

Just like you can't insult people for being a Democrat or a Republican, you can't go after them for their religious belief system.
🤣🤣🤣

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Cheryl also was even handed, and didn’t allow a lot of things that happen here today. Vulgar and hateful memes come to mind. Also thinly disguised ways around the language filter.

🤣🤣🤣
Have you considered that moderators are volunteers doing their best?

I think we all wish Cheryl was still here with us.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

🤣🤣🤣
Nothing ever is.

Mom had her way. The new sheriff's have theirs. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

🤣🤣🤣
Here is an idea…..you can leave. Probably much better places for you.

Sportello

Banned
You're aware that @Lineandinitial was banned for that post, correct?
That one, and a modified quote a ways above it.

He had a week off.

Ricky didn't deserve to be called names, or have profanity directed at him.
And yet he still posts the same three letter vulgar phrase over and over as does a ‘mod’.

His posts remain up, as well.

Last edited: