Carrying cash.

rod

Retired 22 years
You know you're old when...

What's old have to do with having a few bucks in your wallet? About the only time I didn't carry "enough" money on me was when I first started UPS. My wife would meet me every Friday for breakfast and I would give her my check. That lasted about 3 months until her Grandmother (bless her soul) chewed her out for doing that. She told her I had earned that money and I should be able to hold on to it and enjoy it for awhile. Cash is still King for the most part. Try going to an auction and paying with a credit card or buying something off an ad in the paper from a stranger.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What's old have to do with having a few bucks in your wallet? About the only time I didn't carry "enough" money on me was when I first started UPS. My wife would meet me every Friday for breakfast and I would give her my check. That lasted about 3 months until her Grandmother (bless her soul) chewed her out for doing that. She told her I had earned that money and I should be able to hold on to it and enjoy it for awhile. Cash is still King for the most part. Try going to an auction and paying with a credit card or buying something off an ad in the paper from a stranger.
Old people carry cash with them 24/7.

The rest go and get cash from an ATM as needed.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My "wallet" is just a two sided piece of leather. One side has my driver's license in a viewing window and the other side has three slots in it. I carry my debit, CC and Costco car among with my DOT card sandwiched in there. But I keep said wallet in my bag in the back of the truck. In my front right pocket I carry anywhere upwards of $100. I get $100 out every Friday and that should last me till the following Friday for my own doing (lunches and such). And I have an OCD thing where I always have to carry some change in my pocket as well, at least 3 quarters, 1 nickel and 1 dime. I can't explain it.
And if you want it, you better want it bad enough.

My wallet. Brookstone. Probably the only thing I would ever buy there.
711986p.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My "wallet" is just a two sided piece of leather. One side has my driver's license in a viewing window and the other side has three slots in it. I carry my debit, CC and Costco car among with my DOT card sandwiched in there. But I keep said wallet in my bag in the back of the truck. In my front right pocket I carry anywhere upwards of $100. I get $100 out every Friday and that should last me till the following Friday for my own doing (lunches and such). And I have an OCD thing where I always have to carry some change in my pocket as well, at least 3 quarters, 1 nickel and 1 dime. I can't explain it.
You describe exactly my new wallet. My old one had the George Castanza thing going on. Too thick to deal with. I still have it with pictures and cards and a few hundred tucked in it as well.

Brownslave688

When I go somewhere I carry the needed cash. I've never paid to get my own money. I do use the local ATM at my bank, but never anyone else's.
I have and I will say it pisses me off pretty good. Use not to be a very big deal buck or 2 to get money out. Now it's 3,4,5 which is outrageous. Honestly the only thing I need to get cash for 90% of the time is cover at a bar. No one going to clubs carries cash anymore so most let you put it on the tab.

rod

Retired 22 years
Old people carry cash with them 24/7.

The rest go and get cash from an ATM as needed.

Screw them generic ATM machines------I refuse to pay some one 3 or 4 bucks just to get a hundred. I do use the ATM machine at our bank (its free). In fact I use it like its my pay-day. Once a week I grab enough to get me through the week. My "extra" money comes from my little gig I have with my local township mowing grass and such. That is ALL mine to do with as I please.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You describe exactly my new wallet. My old one had the George Castanza thing going on. Too thick to deal with. I still have it with pictures and cards and a few hundred tucked in it as well.

I included a pic of my wallet from Brookstone's website.

Oh, and carrying one of those big fatty wallets in your back pocket is horrible for your back and sciatic nerve.

Brownslave688

My wallet. Brookstone. Probably the only thing I would ever buy there.
711986p.jpg
My grandpa was the youngest of 9 kids in the middle of the Great Depression. He carries two silver dollars on him at all times so he's never broke. Can't read the year or see a face or anything on those.

If they don't burry them with him I will gladly carry them til the day I die.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have and I will say it pisses me off pretty good. Use not to be a very big deal buck or 2 to get money out. Now it's 3,4,5 which is outrageous. Honestly the only thing I need to get cash for 90% of the time is cover at a bar. No one going to clubs carries cash anymore so most let you put it on the tab.
Dolla dolla bills at the strip club. George makes it rain lmfao.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Screw them generic ATM machines------I refuse to pay some one 3 or 4 bucks just to get a hundred.

If I use a credit union ATM then it's free. Any credit union, not just mine. A nd if I use outside ATMs, my credit union will reimburse me up to $30/month in withdrawal fees.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife carries less with her than I do. She hates purses so all she has is a little cell phone case that has a pocket on it for a few cards and a little cash. In fact if I happen to be driving she only carries her cell phone.