Caught on camera: UPS delivery driver throws packages out of truck in Wheat Ridge

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not sure of your point.

Justifying improper businesses practices because a Corporation is powerful and rich will not ever change the truth about the improper business practices. Not giving customers what they pay for is not right and will never be right.

Arguably It is in a way stealing from the customer.

So,if they were to charge less would it be ok to “toss” them around?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I don’t understand your comment.
I'm a bit naive, but I understood it..

If that shipper pay for just getting it to the destination with no signature required or white glove service, then you'll have workers caring less about the job

Aka FXG... for the most part.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm a bit naive, but I understood it..

If that shipper pay for just getting it to the destination with no signature required or white glove service, then you'll have workers caring less about the job

Aka FXG... for the most part.
I don’t get it.

Justaloader

"Hand to surface" isn't on the books to protect the package. It's to protect UPS when a worker lifts a box incorrectly and then has to file a WC claim. "Did you use proper lifting and package handling methods? If so, please recite for us what those methods are. Oh, you can't recite them? Claim denied!" - signed Liberty Mutual.

Integrity

Binge Poster
"Hand to surface" isn't on the books to protect the package. It's to protect UPS when a worker lifts a box incorrectly and then has to file a WC claim. "Did you use proper lifting and package handling methods? If so, please recite for us what those methods are. Oh, you can't recite them? Claim denied!" - signed Liberty Mutual.
Disagree.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
If that was my route, any package for Joe would be lost and anything going to fox 31 would be delivered at 4:59pm for now on.

This homo should've gone to the back of the truck instead of being a pusillanimous stalker to see maybe that the driver couldn't even get to the back due to bulk. I too would laugh with the helper if I saw the load.

OrioN

giphy.gif

Do your union backed hourly job correctly... follow the methods and management can't target u.

Don't retaliate against the guy who took the video, that's just too petty.

Just have the mindset that u are being watched anytime you are on route <shrugs>

Sure, save him as the last stop if u wish

Justaloader

giphy.gif

It's definitely to minimize damages to packages...

U use correct body mechanics to protect your self

Lmao - spend 10 minutes in my hub and watch how "loading" is handled, and then tell me "it's to protect the package". That's bull:censored2:. If they were concerned about damages to packages - the TV's that come down the belt and roller lines that are clearly marked "Fragile, do not lay flat, do not stack" - that are lying on the side with other boxes piled on top of them....that wouldn't happen. Add to that when they are loaded, they are often laid on their side and stuff is stacked on top of them (depending on where the box is placed in the "wall" that the loader is building). I've seen it with everything from a 27 inch to a 55 inch TV. (Usually anything bigger than a 55 is brought around via the irreg train instead of the conveyor system). That is just one example.

I can take a video of trailers being loaded and show you just how "careful" folks attempt to be with packages.

Hand to surface is part of the mechanics of lifting/moving a package (along with each hand on opposite corners, bending your knees, etc) - which is in place to protect the company (as they don't want you getting hurt while performing your job).

Last edited:

OrioN

I already knows what happens inside the warehouses... those tv's and other irreg should've been on tugs, non conveyables...

It's when the drivers are out on route where we finally have to maintain the illusion that we care, LoL so ... white glove service from this FXG driver, even though I'm being compensated less for it