Caught on camera: UPS delivery driver throws packages out of truck in Wheat Ridge

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I already knows what happens inside the warehouses... those tv's and other irreg should've been on tugs, non conveyables...

It's when the drivers are out on route where we finally have to maintain the illusion that we care, LoL so ... white glove service from this FXG driver, even though I'm being compensated less for it
You hit the nail on the head when you reference the "illusion" as opposed to what is actual company practice.

Indecisi0n

I already knows what happens inside the warehouses... those tv's and other irreg should've been on tugs, non conveyables...

It's when the drivers are out on route where we finally have to maintain the illusion that we care, LoL so ... white glove service from this FXG driver, even though I'm being compensated less for it
I argue with my brother about this all the time. I tell him not to order certain things but he refuses and says "your a shipping company, what's the problem". I try to explain it to him but it doesn't get it.

Justaloader

I argue with my brother about this all the time. I tell him not to order certain things but he refuses and says "your a shipping company, what's the problem". I try to explain it to him but it doesn't get it.

Heard that. I think back to all the things I've ordered over the years and wonder how any of them made it in one piece. Seeing what I see on a daily basis, it boggles my mind.

Justaloader

Totally understand. That's one, dare I say, perk of being a twilight trailer loader - I don't face any customers. I've worked with the public over the years (retail, tech support) - I'd rather stick my prick in a blender than deal with the public.

Indecisi0n

Heard that. I think back to all the things I've ordered over the years and wonder how any of them made it in one piece. Seeing what I see on a daily basis, it boggles my mind.
Even if it made it that still doesn't mean it's good. I mean if you throw a tv down onto the ground it might work but what damage was done internally? It's just not worth shipping anything expensive like that.

Justaloader

Even if it made it that still doesn't mean it's good. I mean if you throw a tv down onto the ground it might work but what damage was done internally? It's just not worth shipping anything expensive like that.

True - but how do you think those TV's get to Best Buy, or any other retailer you buy them from? Same circus, just a different ring leader. (I worked at Best Buy many years ago and witnessed how trucks were unloaded into the warehouse at the time.....same "not my stuff, not my problem" mentality of the folks that were unloading the trucks).

The hood for my Mustang (reference my avatar picture) - had to refuse that due to being damaged in transit (fiberglass hood with literally no packing in the box save 4 styrofoam blocks in each corner of the box). $700 hood - took em 3 times before I got one that wasn't damaged.

Indecisi0n

True - but how do you think those TV's get to Best Buy, or any other retailer you buy them from? Same circus, just a different ring leader. (I worked at Best Buy many years ago and witnessed how trucks were unloaded into the warehouse at the time.....same "not my stuff, not my problem" mentality of the folks that were unloading the trucks).

The hood for my Mustang (reference my avatar picture) - had to refuse that due to being damaged in transit (fiberglass hood with literally no packing in the box save 4 styrofoam blocks in each corner of the box). $700 hood - took em 3 times before I got one that wasn't damaged.
Most bulk items like this are shipped in bulk and on a pallet. That is the safest way to move this stuff. You are correct the unloading of the pallet is another "weak" point in the delivery chain. I would still take my changes with the best buy kid as oppose to having it go through the best buy kid, the ups system, then finally the UPS guy who never gets to see his wife or have sex and it so backed up he is ready to kill the entire world.

Justaloader

Most bulk items like this are shipped in bulk and on a pallet. That is the safest way to move this stuff. You are correct the unloading of the pallet is another "weak" point in the delivery chain. I would still take my changes with the best buy kid as oppose to having it go through the best buy kid, the ups system, then finally the UPS guy who never gets to see his wife or have sex and it so backed up he is ready to kill the entire world.

Lmao (I literally laughed out loud here at my desk). Point very well stated / taken.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Lmao - spend 10 minutes in my hub and watch how "loading" is handled, and then tell me "it's to protect the package". That's bull:censored2:. If they were concerned about damages to packages - the TV's that come down the belt and roller lines that are clearly marked "Fragile, do not lay flat, do not stack" - that are lying on the side with other boxes piled on top of them....that wouldn't happen. Add to that when they are loaded, they are often laid on their side and stuff is stacked on top of them (depending on where the box is placed in the "wall" that the loader is building). I've seen it with everything from a 27 inch to a 55 inch TV. (Usually anything bigger than a 55 is brought around via the irreg train instead of the conveyor system). That is just one example.

I can take a video of trailers being loaded and show you just how "careful" folks attempt to be with packages.

Hand to surface is part of the mechanics of lifting/moving a package (along with each hand on opposite corners, bending your knees, etc) - which is in place to protect the company (as they don't want you getting hurt while performing your job).
Disagree.

8 Keys to lifting and lowering if for safety.

I hope you handle packages carefully.

If not and your boss knows about it and does nothing your boss should be fired.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Management is there to crack the whip. To target THEIR #s / bonuses

U, as a teamster, follow some of those safety guidelines that the union provided UPS to train u with...

& you're protected against harassment from non-union management when following those safety measures

Poop Head

Judge me.
My wife is the same way. Every Sunday she says "hey, my package just arrived at ups, can you go grab it?" I tried to tell her that it's sitting in side one, of many FULL semi trailers. Blank stare "so, no?"

Finally I just started saying "yeah sure, I'll go look for it at the warehouse!" Gives me a few hours of free time on sundays