Censorship on Brown Café has Gone Overboard!

stink219

But the pro Hoffa and pro UPS management people that personally attack you won't get censored or monitored. There's a reason that every moderator in this website is pro Hoffa, pro UPS management and pro YES on the worse contract in UPS Teamsters history!
Does anyone remember me talking about the "BUT THE" guys? This guy is the epitome of that! This guys is wasting posting space with ridiculousness. I'm pro union, I got censored. It is because you probably made a personal attack. You just want a free pass to post your negativity and slander. Cheryl has a close eye on a few. If you don't like it, I recommend that you leave. You have a minimal amount of posts and your on lockdown? Come on man! I bet you use your hands to serve yourself food at the all you can eat buffet too.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When a mod censors a post but does not delete it you will see their name and the reason at the bottom of the post. For example, if you use a personal name, personal attack or profanity, the word(s) will be censored (*******) and the mod will give their name (Over) and the reason (use of personal name).

If your posts are in constant need of moderation you will receive a PM asking that you learn to play nice with others.
Right on except, when it is so blatant that most normal people would recognize it, sometimes we, or at least I do not waste my time. I think most people who post here, are above average intelligence, and I also don't think a special pm is necessary because of that.

You really should work on your trolling skills because now you're just making yourself look silly. Have you noticed Scratch's signature lately?
I wish I could say that this guys an ***** but I won't because its a TOS violation. Instead I will say he is my favorite new troll at the moment. Not

Last edited by a moderator:

InsideUPS

Cheryl,

This website ridiculously censors people who do not agree with Hoffa, Hall, UPS management or any of their worthless followers!

Several people have been subjected to a moderator before their comments are posted simply because their Old Guard followers and Old Guard Moderators don't like what's posted about the corrupt leadership of the IBT under Hoffa and Hall.

Cheryl, I hope that you supervise your website in a more democratic manner and remove all your moderators.

Cheryl, you alone should be the sole moderator of this website. It is despicable what your moderators have been doing!

Best,

Hoffa SUX

Cheryl and the moderators are more than generous in what they allow to be posted on Brown Cafe IMHO....

raceanoncr

But the pro Hoffa and pro UPS management people that personally attack you won't get censored or monitored. There's a reason that every moderator in this website is pro Hoffa, pro UPS management and pro YES on the worse contract in UPS Teamsters history!

OK, a very simple way to make your case: PROVE IT!

That's right...facts, figures, quotes, charts. Hearsay doesn't cut it!

twoweeled

Cheryl,

This website ridiculously censors people who do not agree with Hoffa, Hall, UPS management or any of their worthless followers!

Several people have been subjected to a moderator before their comments are posted simply because their Old Guard followers and Old Guard Moderators don't like what's posted about the corrupt leadership of the IBT under Hoffa and Hall.

Cheryl, I hope that you supervise your website in a more democratic manner and remove all your moderators.

Cheryl, you alone should be the sole moderator of this website. It is despicable what your moderators have been doing!

Best,

Hoffa SUX

Is this true? I would like to see some evidence, as well Cheryl's side of the story,,,,,
​I'm all eyes and ears.

Loyal Teamster

Cheryl,

Best,

Hoffa SUX

Your thread Violates TOS, "Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum"

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You know I have over 2,000 posts and have never been moderated other than maybe using a word I knew I should not have typed anyway. The moral of the story is think before you post there is plenty of ways to get your point across with out being vulgar or attacking somebody.
PS Their have been plenty of Friday nights where after my third "big" glass of wine I have posted something really stupid.

curiousbrain

I drink a wee too much on occasions; and, when I'm sober the next day, I go back through my posts just to read the stupidity of it all. There have been times where I am shaking my head and thinking "Man, I would've moderated that" or similar sentiment.

For such a high stress work environment and the entrenched feelings on the union/management side, any forum related to that could be a chaotic mess. This site is not, and I think that probably is a reflection of the staff who manage the site. So, no, I think your premise is false, and I look forward to your next troll.

Disclaimer: This post is troll food; but I felt compelled to say it anyway.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Does anyone remember me talking about the "BUT THE" guys? This guy is the epitome of that! This guys is wasting posting space with ridiculousness. I'm pro union, I got censored. It is because you probably made a personal attack. You just want a free pass to post your negativity and slander. Cheryl has a close eye on a few. If you don't like it, I recommend that you leave. You have a minimal amount of posts and your on lockdown? Come on man! I bet you use your hands to serve yourself food at the all you can eat buffet too.
Just to be fair, you're on my name calling list too bud. Usually, you're defending yourself, but sometimes you throw out the random attacks. Just saying.

stink219

Just to be fair, you're on my name calling list too bud. Usually, you're defending yourself, but sometimes you throw out the random attacks. Just saying.
I know perfectly well why I was. I threw down on Realbrown. I know my punishment and I'm fine with that.

Buck Fifty

I haven't thrown down on anybody in months and I'm still in mod que. Guess you have to be in the in crowd to get out. Fact is, i made some post last night and they are still not posted this morning. I guess this would be the double standard i would be talking about. Its exactly the way it is at work. FUNNY.

stink219

So does one ever come out of mod que? Is there a standard or a past practice involved? I think most people were recently entered into MQ because of this contract. I think a better option is to initiate restriction blocks on certain individuals. I guess you can do that yourself but in the event you do not, the mods could do it for you.

So does one ever come out of mod que? Is there a standard or a past practice involved? I think most people were recently entered into MQ because of this contract. I think a better option is to initiate restriction blocks on certain individuals. I guess you can do that yourself but in the event you do not, the mods could do it for you.
You have to dent a moderator a message that you would like to get out and that you will follow and understand the TOS. Then you should be ok. Let me know how it works for you.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
You have to dent a moderator a message that you would like to get out and that you will follow and understand the TOS. Then you should be ok. Let me know how it works for you.

You need to enable spellcheck or at least read your posts before clicking reply.