center manager said the most atrocious thing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Had a Center manager grab a driver around the neck and dragged him out of a PCM one morning. Driver even went as far as getting a no contact order on the manager and nothing ever happened as far as we know.
I'm sorry but if someone grabs me around the neck in any kind of chocking fashion the first thing I'm going to do is back up and say out loud .. Stop, you are chocking me....if it still is happening I'm going to knock them out they will be sorry they did that....and they will be fired...

over9five

Staff member
I'm sorry but if someone grabs me around the neck in any kind of chocking fashion the first thing I'm going to do is back up and say out loud .. Stop, you are chocking me....if it still is happening I'm going to knock them out they will be sorry they did that....and they will be fired...
I think UPS fires everyone in a fight, even the guy defending himself.
Your best bet is to NOT hit back, just call the police and file charges. Watch him get taken away in handcuffs while you laugh.

Johney

I find this pretty crazy... If any Mgr said the nigg@ word around here and there were witnesses that is absolutely a job killer...
Agreed, this person is a total jackbag and must have naked compromising pictures of someone important. This person has moved from so many centers they're running out.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think UPS fires everyone in a fight, even the guy defending himself.
Your best bet is to NOT hit back, just call the police and file charges. Watch him get taken away in handcuffs while you laugh.
I remember when I started and training sup said if anyone put their hands on you and we're getting physical you had every right to defend yourself... I tell both my kids this in the rare situation that something happens ....I'm not talking about a push or a play swing... I'm talking all out...I'm not going to stand there and get my nose or eye socket busted open just for the plain fact that a ups lawyer wiggle their way out if it and said sup gets moved and I get $1500 injury settlement ... Nope sorry

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2196.GIF
My response would have been "cash me outside... how bout dat"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Agreed, this person is a total jackbag and must have naked compromising pictures of someone important. This person has moved from so many centers they're running out.
Johney, this kind of person isn't one of these guys that is a product of ups mind washing, this is just a total scrub :censored2: bag who would act this way no matter where they worked!!!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
What we women put up in the old days is nothing compared to this. It got a lot better but there are always gonna be :censored2:bags like this.

they need to be weeded out.

Brown Down

Well it doesn't look like the driver will peruse it any farther. I'd say the emotional stress he endured was enough he'd rather not go through it again in a panel hearing. I don't blame him but I hate to see the center manager get away with doing this without so much as a reprimand

By The Book

No I didn't ask that. If I did they would've lied anyways. I asked for one more day beyond the two given. They claimed they didn't have the staff on a Monday.
I would say that if you asked for the extra time off before your funeral leave that you could of called in sick on Monday and successive days and had one occurrence.

vvv

Well it doesn't look like the driver will peruse it any farther. I'd say the emotional stress he endured was enough he'd rather not go through it again in a panel hearing. I don't blame him but I hate to see the center manager get away with doing this without so much as a reprimand
So don't let him get away with it. Have a confidential brief talk with your fellow centers drivers and hammer the manager daily for a good long while on the op report and drive it into his head that just because he didn't face any backlash from the driver that suffered the hardship that it's not going unnoticed by the rest of you.