Central State Pension Crisis

Mack37

Isn't the Central States 25 and out for a pension? So an 18 years old can work 25 years and retire and start collecting at 43? That might be the problem.

We have PEER 80 in the Western.

All the old teamsters covered under central states I used to work with “retired” from the teamsters years ago but had to wait until they were in their sixties before they could start collecting. Maybe it’s different everywhere?

KingofFluff

Everyone's is, that's why we are always learning things no matter how old we get. There are far more things we don't know, than do
office-space.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
All the old teamsters covered under central states I used to work with “retired” from the teamsters years ago but had to wait until they were in their sixties before they could start collecting. Maybe it’s different everywhere?
I retired from CS at 53. Been collecting a pension since then. I've never heard of any CS retiree having to wait until they were in there 60's to collect. Must be something you voted yes for in the last few of contracts.

Mack37

I retired from CS at 53. Been collecting a pension since then. I've never heard of any CS retiree having to wait until they were in there 60's to collect. Must be something you voted yes for in the last few of contracts.

I went ahead and looked it up, per central states:

“Normal retirement age is 65, however, you may be able to draw your pension benefit at a reduced amount as early as age of 57.”

rod

Retired 22 years

“Normal retirement age is 65, however, you may be able to draw your pension benefit at a reduced amount as early as age of 57.”
Yep---that's language form a recent contract. We would have voted that crap down.

rod

Retired 22 years

And no way is the "normal" retirement age 65 unless everyone has REALLY become brain dead lately. Why the hell would you work to 65 if you didn't need too?